More than i can chew?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I may have bit off a bit more than I chew recently. So a few guys from work and myself all like to workout and I would say we are all probably stronger than average (maybe lol). Well I decided to sign up for a Strongman competition in November. After seeing what some of the starting weights for the events are, I realized might be a little over my head lol. Since misery lives company I convinced my coworkers to do it with me. Fortunately we have some time to train before the event. Either way it promises to be a good time no matter how well I do in the actual contest.

If you don't know what Strongman is, it is basically a "weight lifting" competition but with more unconventional lifts.

DL, best of luck. Never did a Strongman, but did get talked into a "senior" (for guys over 50) weight lifting competition once. I won doing a 490 lb. bench press. I was always strong in chest and arms but not sure my back could handle some of the Strongman events, like picking up a 200 lb boulder and putting it on a pedestal. Also that's probably why I have had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders, lol.