Morning Smokes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":nn1jxlcn said:
Harry, have you tried H&H Darbyshire? If you like Plumcake you might enjoy it.
No Sir I have not, but it will now be on my grocery list Thanks !

My standard morning, first smoke of the day is C&D Bayou Morning. That Vaper warms up all the spark plugs in short order.

Usually a Va or a light Va/Per...they just go will with black coffee. I save the stronger Va/Pers and Latakia for later in the day.

Burley, Ginnyweed, or a nice VaPer for me on warmer mornings. As it gets cooler, I lean towards the Orientals and lighter Latweeds. No particular blend/s; whatever I'm cruising thru at the moment!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Since 2000 I have started every morning with a bowl Of Granger! I have a seven set i have dedicated to that morning bowl.

I may smoke anything on any given morning, but I really like EMP or Squadron Leader I am also not averse to big ole bowl of Granger. It really depends on my frame of mind and how much NIC I need

It depends. Mostly its codger burleys but sometimes I just want a good butt kicking like today I started with 1792 flake.

That will put some lead in the ole pencil right off the bat!!!!!!!! Great choice as well

huffelpuff":dr54tl4l said:
It depends. Mostly its codger burleys but sometimes I just want a good butt kicking like today I started with 1792 flake.
Yea, I used to do that too, but then I found I could whack myself upside the head a couple times with a 2 1/2 lb. ball-peen hammer and it had about the same effect!

Natch

DrT999":a4oqxyoi said:
I tend to prefer something somewhat unflavored (as opposed to something sweet or a Lakeland or Latakia-rich) in the mornings: Brown Flake (or Stonehaven when I can get it) or something dark fired/Kentucky oriented, or a mild oriental or VAper.
I'm kind of the opposite of this, as I usually want something slightly sweet, slightly smokey, but not too strong. Most mornings I smoke a blend I mix up (Guffy's Morning Blend I call it), and it's a constantly morphing blend based upon 1/2 latakia anything, 1/4 or more some sort of Virginia mixture, and a bit under 1/4 aromatic anything. Generally, it's a mixture of these tobaccos that I purchased and found I wasn't wild about, but when mixed together they're usually pretty good.

Or perhaps I totally lack taste?

Natch