Most smoked of 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
Now that 2014 is over, what was your most smoked brand and blend of the year? Not necessarily your favorite, but the one you smoked the most. I'll start:

Most smoked blend: GLP Triple Play (always have an open tin of Triple Play or Jacknife Plug at hand).

Most smoked brand: Gawith Hoggarth & Co. (went on an exploratory journey of their bulk blends).

Escudo........who would of thought! :fpalm:

Most smoked: McC's FM 2000 and Dunhill Royal Yacht
Most smoked brand: McClelland's ( gotta have that ketchup :face: )

I've got about 20 jars sitting here and I grab a pinch of this and a pinch of that so it's hard to tell, but I would guess it's between McCs fragrant matured cake, Escudo, FVF, and Best Brown Flake.

Most smoked blend: Orlik Golden Sliced.
Most smoked brand: C&D mostly in the form of GLP blends.

Many of the 4-Noggins blends.

Overall Mfg.: McClelland is the leader for me.

1792 Flake
Dunhill Nightcap
Old Dark Fired
Bracken Flake

The GL Pease's would be right up there, but there are so many great blends that not one got any devoted attention.

Blend: GH Brown Flake Unscented, with Grasmere not too far behind.
Brand (harder to calculate), but at around 27% of the total, it was GH

Its a tossup between Newminster SRS, LBF, and Mellow Monk.

My most smoked blend would be Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake.
I couldn't begin to guess what my most consumed brand is I have too many open tins on the go.

Easily C and D Kajun Kake even though I haven't smoked it in about a month since I got on a burley perique kick.

It was actually an odd year for me - I spent a lot of time trying new blends, experimenting with Burley's, working my may through a wide variety in small volumes (even finished the year and started '15 on a rare aromatic kick), so I probably didn't smoke my "go to" blends/brands as often as I normally would.

Still, for the sake of posterity:

Pipe Brand: McClelland (usually a toss up b/w McC and GLP)
Pipe Blend: McC British Woods
Cigar Brand: Punch
Nasal Snuff: Viking Dark

MacBaren Latakia Flake

Cornell & Diehl Star of the East

Hearth & Home White Knight

Boswell's Northwood

McClelland 2015