Mountain Lion Sighting.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Reaction score
Haven't seen any deer for a while. A few days ago we heard gunshots that sounded like they were coming from a neighbor's place where they raise sheep. SWMBO spotted a mountain lion crouching down by our pond a few minutes ago while walking two of her dogs. Mystery solved.

Pumas are nothing to take lightly. They turn livestock into dead stock in our region (Oregon/Washington) pretty regularly. And when they come down into populated areas, they attack pets and even the occasional hiker. Beautiful & dangerous.

Pumas are nothing to take lightly. They turn livestock into dead stock in our region (Oregon/Washington) pretty regularly. And when they come down into populated areas, they attack pets and even the occasional hiker. Beautiful & dangerous.

This. In the last year or so I lived in WA state, two young mountain bikers were attacked by a mountain lion on a remote trail and one was killed. This was not very far from where I lived!

Cheers,

RR

Yep, we have them around here but they seldom attack humans, however when I lived in Tucson there were a couple of reports of hikers being attacked in Sabino Canyon. One of my retired Ranger buddies lives in a wooded pine forrest area on the west side of town. About a month ago he posted photos of a mom and 3 cubs wandering through his back yard. Lots of deer in the area to keep them well fed.

Believe it or not, we have them in Tennessee about three counties southwest of me. I've heard of sitings in our county, but not aware of confirmed by TWRA. Have had black bear confirmed though, and I figure to get a picture of one on my trail cam someday.

WoW! Definitely a sight to see! We've heard of a couple of sightings in our neighborhood in SoAZ. I wonder if it has to do with so many of us being away for the summer that their more comfortable to roam the deserted streets and yards?

I haven't seen any Mountain Lions for a while, however that last one I saw was a couple of years ago. I was riding my bicycle along a local paved bike trail and saw what I thought was a somewhat large cat cross the trail a bit ahead of me. As I got to the spot where I saw it I looked to my right and the was a nice looking Mountain Lion looking back at me nothing happened, but I had to pass the same spot on the way back . Didn't see it so that was it. I have seen what was left of a deer after a Mountain Lion made a meal of it though.

Just saw a thing about Tennessee Wildlife Resources having to remove a big plastic jar/bottle from a Black Bear’s head.

Maybe hikers should carry jars of Skippy instead of bear spray.
You know how to tell if there are bears in the area? You find piles of bear scat here-and-there that smell like pepper and have little bells in them. (Well, it was funny 50 years ago when I first heard it.)

Last edited:
No mountain lions seen here is Aus and I'm glad we don't have such things, makes hiking much safer here. Well other than the drop bears...

No mountain lions seen here is Aus and I'm glad we don't have such things, makes hiking much safer here. Well other than the drop bears...
Oh yeah, I've seen a video or two on those drop bears. Vicious creatures with voracious appetites. Hideous!!! :D