Movies from classic Novels

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Watched The Christmas Carol this weekend with the family. The one with George C. Scott playing Scrooge, a true classic like the book.
I also noticed a movie advertisement for Benjamin Button coming out soon, (I think he is lurking around here somewhere).

EJinVA":nv8vmh2h said:
I also noticed a movie advertisement for Benjamin Button coming out soon, (I think he is lurking around here somewhere).

:study:

:pipe:

A classic F. Scott Fitzgerald short story for those who have not read it. Look for it online or the library. Its a great short read which Fitzgerald wrote after hearing Mark Twain mention "it is a pity that the best part of life comes at the beginning and the worst part at the end."

Fitzgerald is very near and dear to my heart. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button really is a classic...brilliant concept. However, I am still trying to figure out exactly how a woman gave birth to an old man. Poor lady.

Haha, it's funny that Fitzgerald never goes into detail about the complications that would be involved with the pregnancy, but I guess that is relayed by the horror and concern of the characters at the hospital in the early part of the story when they approach the father. In the story the man was born full grown and speaking, but in the movie it appears as if he is born a child-size but old from what the previews show a glimpse of.

Bradd Pitt is NEVER who I imagined to play this role but I'm sure he'll do it justice.

I'm sure he will...and I really didn't see him playing you either.

Perhaps your mother died from child birth, Ben. I don't think she's mentioned again in the story. Then again I could have just missed it. :shock: