Mr. Kyle Weiss, writer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been making my own 3 blends with cigar leaf for a number of years but I do keep Billy Budd on hand always. I'm EXTREMELY particular when it comes to bulk tobacco's but I've found C&D Billy Budd bulk is every bit as good as the canned. Purchase a couple of ounces and give it a try, it's not for everyone. But it's been a favorite of mine for a long time. If you enjoy this fine blend stock up, it ages well in Mason Jars. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

From the review, I'm very tempted to grab some. Burley normally doesn't float my boat but this sounds very tasty.

Cheers all

Tim

If your a cigar or former cigar smoker you will enjoy Billy Budd. Get yourself 2 oz. next time you place your tobacco order. Try the blend out first before you dive into purchasing a few pounds to cellar. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Not my favorite blend, but I always enjoy reading Kyle's reviews.

I do like the new 2oz tin label. Very nice design.

Been a while since I was into any. Good on Kyle for the review.

I found it very coarse chopped. I assume that has not changed. Get it lit and sip at it. It is strong and can overload your taste buds. Was a favorite of Sailorman Jack. He used to hold a "morning watch" on the pipe smoking newsgroup.

A very strong Latakia presence kills it for my taste buds. That and for me it always seemed to burn hot. Ya can't like 'em all.

This of course takes nothing away from Kyle and his presumedly sterling article.

I received about 5oz of BB from a friend who received it from a friend who received it from a friend.  I've passed it on to a friend  :lol:

SpeedyPete":7oko75fd said:
I received about 5oz of BB from a friend who received it from a friend who received it from a friend.  I've passed it on to a friend  :lol:
Then, given time, it should eventually make its way to Kyle.  ;)

My earlobes were itching; I figured if I used "BoB" in an article someone would say something.

Wait 'til Mike sees his shell-casing tamper. :p

I did mention Billy Budd had a horse-stall attitude (neigh)...coulda been black... :fpalm: :lol:

Glad you guys enjoyed the article, if not the tobacco itself. I have a briar screaming in agony while it smolders as I type this...and I'm enjoying every second of it. Still stinks less than Pirate Kake. Actually it was the shirtless, manly wonder himself (if he's still around) that got me started on Billy Budd.

Cheers, fellas, miss you guys. Most of you, anyway. :heart:

8)

BB is too much for me, but seems to have a cult following that dote on it. The droll thing about this review is how it expresses a positive evaluation while using images that aren't especially flattering. Well done.

Great review Kyle, your right I was surprised to see the tamper but the large casing is a 308 and not a 223. Great to here from you again. MIKE