MSP Area Pipe Show/Swap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveinlax

Reaction score
The Great Northern Pipe Club will be holding their 2015 Pipe Show and Swap on Sunday April 12th 2015! I spoke with Tony "Mr Can" Soderman last night and he told me there will be smoking area conveniently located just off the show floor. :shock:
11043012.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/GreatNorthernPipeClub

How about a report there Dave. Hope you all had a wonderful time. See you in Chicago shortly.
Andy

docwatson":3h4ux5r4 said:
How about a report there Dave. Hope you all had a wonderful time. See you in Chicago shortly.
Andy
Hi Andy, Sorry about the hazy photo's, it was a no smoking show but I must have lost some glaze off my traditional show morning donuts.
It was a beautiful spring day in MN. I picked up my pipe club mates in Winona and followed the river north to St Paul. We arrived to find aprox 30 tables of pipes. Tony Soderman and The Rev Rolf had about 6 each of estates, tobacco and other pipe stuff.
Local carver Rich Lewis and Son George had a good selection of their pipes along with a some estates. Edwin pipes and Frank Storm had tables.
The food was good and conversation even better I had just paid my off my St Louis show haul
so I did buy anything other than raffle tickets. I won an a bunch of tobacco and a very interesting book by the late great duck hunter (and friend of Tony's) Jimmy Robinson. Tony Gifted me a bunch of large and small Castello shopping bags that he acquired in a deal. I've always wanted them but have never bought enough from Marco to earn one and those made my day!!  
I counted about 60 heads at one time but guys where coming and going all day. :shock:
img_0110.jpg
img_0118.jpg

img_0112.jpg
img_0113.jpg
img_0114.jpg
img_0115.jpg

img_0116.jpg
img_0117.jpg

WOW,
That looks like it was a spectacular day, Thanks for the photos and review of the show/sale. Tony Soderman has enough stock to hold his own show!! lol
You have some great collectors up your way and Rich Lewis is an amazing pipemaker.
Glad spring finally arrived for you as it has here in Maine/Massachusetts.
I see a Charatan in Tony's case that I'll have to give a close look at when in Chicago shortly. :D
Be well, see you in a few weeks.
Andy

docwatson":ypefs4g6 said:
WOW,
That looks like it was a spectacular day, Thanks for the photos and review of the show/sale. Tony Soderman has enough stock to hold his own show!! lol
You have some great collectors up your way and Rich Lewis is an amazing pipemaker.
Glad spring finally arrived for you as it has here in Maine/Massachusetts.
I see a Charatan in Tony's case that I'll have to give a close look at when in Chicago shortly. :D
Be well, see you in a few weeks.
Andy
Yeah Tony always has a great selection. He is a good friend and a real character.
It will be great to see you in Chicago again! :shock: