Murray's Erinmore cube cut from the 70s

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2027

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Did a trade on another forum for this gem.  The fragrance is amazing.  I am surprised how it stayed in tacked after all these years.
Blend Name: Murray's Erinmore Cube Cut
Description on Tin: This was a trade I did with someone on another forum.

Leaf:     Black Cavendish, Virginia, some fruit topping
Tin Aroma: Fragant like flowers.  Almost Lakeland-like
Taste: Mild, citrus, orange zest.  No bite at all
Smokability: Surprising still had moisture.  Would have thought it would be dryer then a popcorn fart.
Strength: Mild
Room Note: Lakeland-like, smokey.  Wife is not a fan of this one.

Thoughts:
I have had Capstan Blue and Capstan Red from 70's and 80's and also a MacBaren's Burley from the 60's.  I am amazed how these tobaccos age.  This is really the first floral aged tobacco I have tried.  One would think the citrus would have aged off into oblivion but here it is right in front.
Recommend to: Anyone that like to try old tobacco's that don't exist anymore

Similar Blends: 
Only thing close to this I have had is if you took G&H Best Brown #2 and added citrus to it

Summary:
An interesting smoke.   This a deviation of what I normally smoke and will come back to this when the mood an occasion hits.
uru6y9H.jpg

t0mAZ76.jpg" style="width: 349px;height: 466px

@eggman you are an Erinmore regular smoker if I recall correctly.  Do you get a Lakeland scent out of this blend today?   I just lit up my pipe I used to try the 45 year old stuff and it ghosted with a Lakeland scent.  Curious on your take

I do smoke erinmore frequently. All I have sampled is current production. I have only heard of the old Murray’s production of erinmore. From what I remember it was definitely a love it or hate it blend. But I have never had the pleasure of sampling any Lakeland blends from what I remember. So I really don’t know about the ghosting of Lakeland.

Now I will add that my wife loves to smell of erinmore when I smoke it. She will also take several puffs on my pipe when I smoke it. She really likes the taste and flavor it too.

But I have some 15y/o+ 952 and she wouldn’t care if I threw all of that in the trash. She doesn’t care for the flavor and aroma of it at all.

Ok I guess I didn’t answer the question possibly too many PBR’s and George Dickel.

I have smoked erinmore in several pipes. I have not noticed any ghosting in any of them. Dr. Grabow, MM, Stanwells, Nordings and kaywoodies are in my regular rotation and no problems with ghosting.

But I have no idea what the difference I’d between the new line and the old line. If it’s anyone like the last 20 years of changes I bet you version is awesome.