Musicians???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordies

Reaction score
I know some of you have expressed thay you play, but feel free to repeat yourself.

I've been playing the guitar since the beginning of this year. I devote quite a bit of time to it, and I'm having a great time. I like to fingerpick and play mostly folk and bluegrass.
My mother purchased this guitar in 1987. She eventually got too busy to play anymore. so it sat in the closet for abotu 23 years. All the while it was nice and protected in its case. I pulled it out in January, and it's in perfectly mint condition.
It's a Guild D17-M. Full Mahogany with Rosewood fingerboard.
IMG_0445.jpg

There's a bunch of musicians on here..some Professionals too.

i play in a metal band, vocals and guitar. i also really love french/english/irish folk music. when i start looking silly playing metal (might be any day now), i'm going to hook up with some old timers and sing about the high seas and beer and lasses--mostly lasses. (gorgeous guitar by the way. i've got a 1981 john greven cutaway. my metal axe is a hamer standard played through a mesa triple rec.)

Very nice guitar. It was made the same year as me, automatically making it awesome. :cheers:

I play a little music here and there, and write some. That's fantastic that you've picked up guitar. It's amazing how music can get you through anything, even (or perhaps especially) where words alone fail.

I was trained as and at heart remain a drummer. (What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless.)

More recently I quite accidentally acquired two guitars, and learned to mess about with some chords, which is fun.

Mostly I practice on my Yamaha classical, and I'm refurbishing a Jackson Soloist (reverse neck), which looks hilarious when played by me as my look is not especially Metal. Just a little practice combo amp... not going to go on the road anytime soon!

I've mistreated the guitar for many years,,,,was in a couple bands,,,been told I produced unbelievable sounds with my guitar (they WEREN'T complimenting me ),,,got a Martin Backpacker I take camping to increase the wildlife suicide rate,,,, and my favorite Strat.

I play a little mandolin and fiddle and penny whistle. Used to play a lot and was tolerable good. Not so much anymore. Arthritis in the fingers. :evil:

Present. Been playing quite a bit. Pretty much every weekend I've got a gig these days. I'm also working on an EP.

I like to play the mandolin. I'm not good, just don't have the time to practice all that much. It's nice to sit down with it and pick away though.

Hell of a starter guitar there Jordies. I was housesitting one time... they said to make myself at home. So when I saw the guitar case in the corner I broke it out. Didn't really know what I was playing with. It sounded gorgeous. Then I went home and looked up the maker and realized I'd just played a $3000 guitar. :shock:

I recently inherited a 1940's Martin. She used to be for bluegrass. Now she's singin Irish. :D
I also play mandolin in a big old bluegrass band. Concert coming up next week.

Play enough guitar to aggrivate folks. Mostly Bluegrass and Praise & Worship. Played with a couple of worship teams and a few pick up Bluegrass groups. Ironic, I got me a Mandolin just this past Saturday from my sister that lost interest in it. I don't really have a natural ear for music and I have picked up too many bad playing habits trying to teach myself over the years but I love it just the same. I am going to attempt to learn the Mandolin the right way! :lol: I have a nice fiddle that I traded an old Alverez guitar for a few years ago and would like to eventually learn a little of that too.

Justpipes":gpxovm3s said:
Play enough guitar to aggrivate folks. Mostly Bluegrass and Praise & Worship. Played with a couple of worship teams and a few pick up Bluegrass groups. Ironic, I got me a Mandolin just this past Saturday from my sister that lost interest in it. I don't really have a natural ear for music and I have picked up too many bad playing habits trying to teach myself over the years but I love it just the same. I am going to attempt to learn the Mandolin the right way! :lol: I have a nice fiddle that I traded an old Alverez guitar for a few years ago and would like to eventually learn a little of that too.
Cool JP, a man of many talents I see!

Tock the Always":048us1fi said:
Hell of a starter guitar there Jordies. I was housesitting one time... they said to make myself at home. So when I saw the guitar case in the corner I broke it out. Didn't really know what I was playing with. It sounded gorgeous. Then I went home and looked up the maker and realized I'd just played a $3000 guitar. :shock:

I recently inherited a 1940's Martin. She used to be for bluegrass. Now she's singin Irish. :D
I also play mandolin in a big old bluegrass band. Concert coming up next week.
now we need to see pics of the 1940's martin.

I noodle on the guitar, mostly fingerstyle blues of the Robert Johnson, Mance Lipscomb, Mississippi John Hurt ilk. Sad thing is that I've been playing for about 27 years and I honestly haven't learned anything new in about 22.

I wouldn't call myself a musician but I love the guitar, I've played for years, mostly electrified blues. Here's a photo of my latest rig, a 69' Fender Telecaster Thinline and a 66' Fender Super Reverb amp. The small brown amp went down the road a few years back.

thinlinejpgw300h400.jpg

beaupipe":744vt1nn said:
I noodle on the guitar, mostly fingerstyle blues of the Robert Johnson, Mance Lipscomb, Mississippi John Hurt ilk. Sad thing is that I've been playing for about 27 years and I honestly haven't learned anything new in about 22.
Don't feel alone bro!! :shock:

Piet Binsbergen":2iw7657g said:
Justpipes":2iw7657g said:
Not really! Just like to have fun and I have a lot of fun playing music. The odd thing is, I really enjoy it when I get a couple of shots of Old Crow in me and don't care what it sounds like! :lol:

Justpipes":r7yycr2w said:
Piet Binsbergen":r7yycr2w said:
Justpipes":r7yycr2w said:
Not really! Just like to have fun and I have a lot of fun playing music. The odd thing is, I really enjoy it when I get a couple of shots of Old Crow in me and don't care what it sounds like! :lol:
Funny how that works, I sound the best after a couple of shots of Jack D! :lol: :lol: