Mustard

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
The "Hot Sauce" thread got me to wondering if any of you are into mustard?? I am; I love the stuff in all its many concoctions. Google "The Mustard Museum" for all your wants and desires (if any!!). :cheers: FTRPLT

Yup, I'm into HOT mustards. I use to make my own with mustard seeds & vinegar and blend in puréed scotch bonnet peppers, real good.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Me! Me! The best I ever had was made by an old lady, wife of a local saloon owner. She guarded the recipe with her life for half a century. She kicked eventually, and a friend lommed onto the recipe somehow. I have that recipe, it IS the real deal, I've made it, and I've never come across any better, though some are close. Kind of a sweet, Nance's (do they still make that brand?) type mustard, with a Colman's base. That friend later blew his brains out. Whether there's a connection or not, I don't know.

(TMI, I know.)

Oh yes!

Colman's English to accompany some thinly sliced roast beef as part of a Sunday roast. Just as it's meant to be!

Not a huge fan of Dijon and similar, but I do like the American style mustard that goes with a dog.

Ok....now I feel hungry.

Oh yaaaaaa, a good HOT mustard must have some fresh honey added.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Never met a mustard I didn't like.

Dijon
Coleman's
Guldens Spicy Brown
Stone Ground
And of course the ubiquitous yellow that I grew up with.

It's all good!

8)

Cheers,

rr

My favorite...
new-zatarains-creole-mustard-5-25-oz-pack-of-2-3fe599f06d30e3eb51b0edab24a972fe.jpg

I love brown mustard - Guldens and Zatarans when I'm in NOLA.

I HATE yellow mustard. Tonight, in my hotel, they were grilling brats for "happy hour", and serving them with yellow mustard. What kind of animals do that????

Stick":4xhubbpz said:
Oh yes!

Colman's English to accompany some thinly sliced roast beef as part of a Sunday roast. Just as it's meant to be!

Not a huge fan of Dijon and similar, but I do like the American style mustard that goes with a dog.

Ok....now I feel hungry.
I keep a large yellow tin of Coleman's Dry in the pantry at all times!! A must for properly served roast beef!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

I have an excellent mustard recipe for you guys.

Wash and slice 2 bunches of leeks

Saute with a couple cloves of garlic until just soft and place in buttered casserole dish

Mix 1/3 jar of coarse Maille mustard (see pic) with a pint of half and half and a pinch of salt, pour over the leeks.

Top with panko bread crumbs that have been mixed with a bit of melted butter (just enough to coat them).

Bake at 400 until everythings nice and browned on top and bubbling from below, maybe 35 mins or so. Let rest a few minutes.

It's outstanding!

[mixing in some nice cheese like a gruyere to the leek mixture gives an added dimension, very nice]

Puff Daddy":mrtvsxon said:
I have an excellent mustard recipe for you guys.

Wash and slice 2 bunches of leeks

Saute with a couple cloves of garlic until just soft and place in buttered casserole dish

Mix 1/3 jar of coarse Maille mustard (see pic) with a pint of half and half and a pinch of salt, pour over the leeks.

Top with panko bread crumbs that have been mixed with a bit of melted butter (just enough to coat them).

Bake at 400 until everythings nice and browned on top and bubbling from below, maybe 35 mins or so. Let rest a few minutes.

It's outstanding!

[mixing in some nice cheese like a gruyere to the leek mixture gives an added dimension, very nice]

Have to say that does indeed look great and will try it out P Diddy. Soon as I can locate some of that Maille mustard, that is.

Looks like a main dish to a vegetarian like myself!

Cheers,

RR

That photo is just the mustard. I get mine at walmart for about $3. Looks like a jar of mustard seeds.