My Beloved Erinmore

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

Reaction score
Back in the 60's when I started smoking the pipe I thought that Erinmore tobacco and Peterson pipes were the best things that were to be had.Well gradually I became enlightened to other pipes and tobaccos,but Erinmore mixture held a special place in my fond memories of Canadian fishing trips and various activities I did back in the day.I could open the tin,smell the tobacco and be transported back in time.
A couple of weeks ago I bought a 100 gr. tin of the mixture which is being put up by some new blender,not Murrays anymore.It's not the same blend anymore,it's
hideous what has been done to this old fav. of mine.It's now a shag cut tongue biter with none of the famous aroma of old.It just saddens me,I feel like I'm gonna cry.

Winslow

Sorry about your loss.

Perhaps knowing how many blends that are still in production which you haven't tried but whose taste might delight you would be of some small compensation.

The vagaries a tobacco undergoes when a new blender comes on board or simply the changes the same blender makes in the same tobacco or the discontinuing of a tobacco all-together are, to my mind, a great reason to stockpile favorite tobaccos.

Winslow, have you tried the flake recently? That's what I used to smoke in the past, but not in recent years. It would be a shame if it changes...