My BoBiversary

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
I just noticed today's date looked familiar.

One year ago today I joined the coolest, most thoughtful, generous and knowledgeable bunch of guys on a forum, pretty much on a whim.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I'm really, really glad I did. I have made close friends quickly (not something easy for me), crammed more information, suggestions and techniques into my brain than is probably good for a man, and enjoy coming here every day just as much as I did back then.

Life is happening here. I've learned, been given, gave, been consoled, consoled, laughed, cried, argued, debated, taught, discovered, experienced and participated with the keenest folks the world could ask for. I truly don't know how to thank the forum as a whole, but I guess continuing the traditions, paying forward, being humbled by anonymous generosity, and passing on the spirit here will have to do until I strike it rich and can buy all of my friends here a pipe and a tin of their favorite 'bacca. Thank you. You guys are more than family to me.

Yeah yeah, whatever..."group hug"
grouphugg.gif

In Brotherly Love,

8)

Well gosh darn :cheers: You're gonna be an "ol'timer" now :twisted:

Congrats Kyle. You've endured a year and aren't likely to storm off in a fit of pique. I've found it interesting how some posters come and go quickly for one reason or another. Looks like we're stuck with you and vice versa.

There has to be some kind of award for the most posts in a single year anyways.....

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":dwe0xkbb said:
Congrats Kyle. You've endured a year and aren't likely to storm off in a fit of pique. I've found it interesting how some posters come and go quickly for one reason or another. Looks like we're stuck with you and vice versa.

There has to be some kind of award for the most posts in a single year anyways.....

Cheers,

RR
Rob's gonna supply him with a lifetime supply of out of date Borkum Riff pouches :p

monbla256":bq9cdakn said:
Brewdude":bq9cdakn said:

Cheers,

RR
Rob's gonna supply him with a lifetime supply of out of date Borkum Riff pouches :p

homer.gif

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

monbla256":c77lsrmq said:
Believe me, Brother, if I could afford to it would be done. :twisted:

I'd at least start off with a Case of Borkum Riff Tins. Of course I'd have to throw in some Smoker's Pride while I was at it. :lol:

Puff Daddy":qj87ubxg said:
7250 posts in one year...... :|

Boy, you need help! :lol:
Yeah, only 1 year and Kyle is #3 on the overall Top 20 Posters.

Here is a shortcut for those who are curious. Of course the quick link is also at the bottom of the home page.

Congrats on the anniversary Kyle! One small day for you, one giant milestone for BoBkind.

It's funny, over at the Cubby the admin found out how to cross out the post count next to the name, I think Peeb mentioned some time ago it just isn't possible here. I wish it were, kind of embarrassing, actually. Does kind of signal to me I'm not necessarily wasting my time, but I ain't makin' money by using the time to work. . Kind of my motto for the last six years... "Oh well, there's always next year." *sigh* I wonder what weird job I'll end up with THIS winter... probably local film. I've never done that before (kind of a prerequisite for work for me).

You know, the real reason why I hate Borkum Riff was the memory of when I was actually smoking it as a teenager...those were rough times. :lol: Just in case anyone gets the idea to send me a case of it or something as a joke, it kind of does have a negative symbolic meaning... :p Kind of like velveeta, Dinty Moore stew and tinned tuna.

Holy crap am I being a downer today. :( Sorry guys. I'll shut up now. :lol: (Weird day today.)

Here's to another year, eh? Thanks for always being cool to me. 8)