My Current State.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
This isn't one of those crybaby feel sorry for me post.....   This is informational.

Back in Late March I moved back in with my estranged wife, it was bittersweet.   (Don't ask and I won't tell).  Anyway, According to Official Documents "On or about the evening of April 12th, in Des Moines, IA" I got messed up pretty bad at work.   I've had 4 surgical procedures, so many steroids I can't stand it, tons of pain meds both narcotic and psychoactive, sleeping pills, NSAID's, and my latest addition Benadryl (to counteract my allergic reaction to the only medicine that has allowed me to have 'moderate pain' instead of screaming moaning pain.)   As of now I have neuropathic pain in two separate areas, numbness to burning in my thighs, and I'm in bed 23 hours a day most days.. I'm probably looking at at least one more procedure and according to my surgeon even them some of this ain't coming back right ever. I'm done messing with horses..and that breaks my heart.  I can't dress myself, I have to have help using the bathroom, I'm on a walker about 90% of the time I'm out of bed, and I can't sit down for more than 3-4 minutes without that screaming/crying pain.  

I've retired (I called it 'temporary' but I doubt I pick the mantle back up) from any leadership position on this board, I've had some type of 'official' position since the first or second week of BoB's existence.  Honestly that bothers me worse than my physical condition but it's not fair to yall to be blasted out of my noggin trying to help run a board of this size.

Why am I sharing this if I don't want a pity party?   Simply to let yall know 1. Don't pm me with your problems, ain't my job no mo.. :)   2. If I post something wonky or if I leave out pertinent information in a post please call me on it but keep all of the above in mind.   I seldom mean harm and if it comes off that way it's probably just misguided humor or chemicaly induced stupidity.

Also, I will lock this thread (I stepped down but they left my powers intact..lol that was dumb) if it turns into a pity party... I don't need that, I'm struggling with my emotional/mental well being enough as it is without Debbie Downer nonsense...

I'm at a loss for words butthead, but I'm trying to function with a hangover and can't come up with anything snappy to insult you right now. I'll PM you a list of my problems to piss you off later.

Sorry bout your "issues" (what my wife calls them).

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Constant Pain. We've got quite a few members, you'll fit right in.

Could be worse Buddy, you could have lost your matches or lighter, you're a good man, we all now it to be so, nuff said!

BS!! I'd be terrified of a gimped up cop... That's the SOB that doesn't fight and doesn't chase you... Strictly gun work here boy....

Some of us have to deal with pain on a everyday basis and some maybe only two or three times in there life time. Call it luck of the draw, flawed life style or a reminder from God. Which ever it is I know it's never welcomed but, it either makes us stronger, weaker or
meaner and it's for us to choose which we wish to be. I reckon I've chose to be mean and strong with a weakness for pain. ;) This is just to say I've been there and back.

It's not all bad Cart, I've got all but one thing I need within reach... So it ain't too awful bad. Etc etc yada yada. :)

Close.... Leuchtturm 1917. :). Found at Half Price Books by accident. $4.99 for the small's. $7.99 for the large.. If I'd had the money I'd have had their entire stock. Lol.

Far be it from me to criticize an ailing man with a handgun on his bedside table, but - Camel SNUS? :pale:

But seriously - good luck, get well, and all of the other things we're thinking but you don't want to hear.

Lol.  I got used to General when I was in Florida but can't find it up here.. Can't justify the expense of ordering as little as I use it.

And I only keep it there because I can't fight bad guys..okay that's a lie, I've carried since I was 12-13 yr old. Lol. But anyway, it sounded good.

Guns & Bibles beside the bed. There is Alabama blood in you somewhere!

:( :oops: :x :evil: :affraid: :pig: :pirat: :tongue: :x

Keep your head up, we can't be at your side but you're in our thoughts

I am very sorry to hear about your physical and domestic troubles.
While we know that you can be an ornery brother of the briar, we also value your honesty and fairness.
You, in part, have made this board what it is today.
A terrible cesspool where pipe smokers hang out.
While I know this isn't what you want, I wish you the best in the coming months and hope that the new year brings you a new year.
Bob

My thoughts are with you PB. I know it must be hard making the transition from the freedom of the road. I hope you at least get to a point where you are not in constant pain. Prescription meds leave a lot to be desired nowdays. Glad to see you still posting, and keeping us updated. Hang in there brother.

This shitboat can't hold too many more of us, but we shall smoke well.

8)