My Doctor Has No Explanation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
This has been going on for several years. The moment I sit down on the porcelain throne my nose starts running like crazy. I have to bring a box of tissues with me. It doesn't matter if I'm sick, well, have a cold, dry as a bone, summer, winter, all seasons, home, in a public stall, out in the woods over a newly dug hole. If I bring something to read, I have to be quick to the tissues, so my nose doesn't soak the pages. Just thinking about it my nose is starting to run.

You sure lead an interesting life don't you Steve! ;) Cheers, RR
When I'm not taking care of kids. It'd be a helluva lot more interesting if I could find a gal about 70, who looks about 60 and acts and thinks about 45.

If the nose runs when you poop. If your eyes also water sometimes.

This is not a bad thing. Dr. Oz actually addressed this when asked if this is normal. He described it as a parasympathetic release and said not only is it normal, it’s one of the necessary functions for cleansing out junk. There are only so many ways the body can eliminate toxins. You either poop, pee, cough or sweat it out. One action commonly triggers another, and we should all be grateful for this. When you sleep, the body detoxes. When you wake, the body is ready to eliminate these toxins. We jumpstart this by drinking a glass of water, a cup of coffee, stretching, taking a few deep breaths, having a cigarette, etc. The idea is that we’re getting the body moving internally. If you’ve ever dieted, detoxed or started an exercise regimen, you may have noticed a substantial uptick in bowel movements, urination, lymphatic cleansing or sweating. Your body is thanking you for finally stimulating the cleansing process via diet and exercise. I’m happy when a good poop makes my nose run. It makes me feel better and cleans me out. Mucus is eliminated rectally and lymphatically. The two go hand in hand. If you’ve noticed only a recent uptick in nose runs while pooping, you may be able to attribute this, at least in part, to eating an unhealthy diet and not exercising enough. If you’ve recently started taking better care of yourself, your body is pushing out the old stuff. This is all good news. The typical American diet is loaded with excess sugars, hormones, preservatives, etc. This builds up toxins, candida and mucus. If you don’t excrete small amounts consistently via healthy diet and exercise, the body waits for a good chance to excrete what it can. Nothing stimulates the cleansing process better than a good bowel movement. My girlfriend makes muesli and we eat out of the same batch throughout the week. I have a few bowls per day, and it keeps my system clean…so clean, in fact, that sometimes I have to slow down because I can feel the after-effects and tummy tenderness from the soluble and insoluble fibers cleansing and scrubbing my system. The muesli helps me poop 2–3 times per day, so I always feel light. I usually go an hour after a meal. When I first began the regimen, my nose would always run when I pooped, because I was eliminating a lot of old buildup. Now my nose runs less, because my system is generally cleaner. I still get a runny nose in the morning with my first bowel movement though. But then again, if I have anything to cough up, it’s early in the morning. Also, our bodies have been sweating out toxins all night…they’re just sitting on the surface waiting to be washed off. Same with morning breath…toxins in the system pushed up and waiting on the tongue to be washed away. If I go on, I’ll become less and less scientific and lose credibility; I’m not a doctor or nutritionist. The point is, we should all be so lucky to have such an efficient cleansing system. The alternative would be to become impacted, dehydrated, lethargic, irritable, toxic and eventually die. If you want to feel better and make it easier on the system, drink more water, eat lighter foods more often in smaller servings, and get a little aerobic and anaerobic exercise in on a regular basis. Then, think yourself healthier and visualize your new and improved self. And when your nose runs, be grateful!

As per Dr. Oz.

giphy.gif

My diet is usually pretty healthy. My gut has given me problems for decades; runs in the family. It was exacerbated fifteen years ago when I had major surgery for the C4, C5, C6 surgery and was overprescribed for opiates to deal with the pain, before and after the surgery. Even after the opiates, which shut down my G.I. tract, my tract never returned to normal. Nightly, I have to take 1/2 dose of Miralax dissolved in an 8 oz.cup of half diluted senna tea or it's NO GO.
It's a relief to know that the runny nose is relieving my body of gunk.

If I were to poop 2 to 3 times a day, by July 1st I'd disappear.

Unless this has happened.

In a really rare case, if you’ve recently had a head injury or brain or sinus injury or surgery, it could signal something called a cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds the brain is leaking via the skull through the nose, says Dr. Lee.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 107