My Favorite Parker 51 Clone...is it better?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Is this better than its progenitor, the famous Parker 51?  With its sleek lines and hooded nib the old 51 is an icon beloved by most every pen collector out there. How could a clone be better? Especially since its from CHINA! OMG...Imcan year the whining right now. Whatever.

It’s the Wing Sung 618.  It’s not going to replace the 51. It’s certainly a damn good design all by itself. What makes it really cool to me? Two things...first, you can get transparent red and blue and other colors both clear and opaque...even a crystal clear demonstrator model...second, it’s a piston filler which holds a huge volume of your favorite bottled ink. For me, the clear demonstrator is the one. Not only the barrel but the section and feed all show the ink’s color beautifully.

No, it doesn’t take a cartridge. And although I’ve got lots of cartridges around here, both universal and proprietary, I don’t use ‘em much. So that’s not a negative for me.

The nib I’ve seen on these is a .5 fine.

These are going for about $15 delivered. It takes between three and four weeks for shipping. You can get either silver or gold tone hardware. I have the clear one in hand and it writes dependably and smoothly. I have a transparent red and blue with silver trim on the way.

I’ll post some pics below...all photos are of the clear demonstrator with the color being a product of the ink.

You can find these on eBay or on Amazon with fast delivery for $3 more.

https://www.amazon.com/Wing-Piston-Fountain-Transparent-Silver/dp/B0754K779M