my first bombing..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylaw13

Reaction score
if im correct that what gifting is called here lol
this one comes with a back story.
im new here, kinda obvious lol but i have spent many many hundreds of hours on a watch forum where manners and kindness anf friendliness are key parts to making an awesome forum, it also makes it difficult to find other forums one would like to visit over and over, so far BoB is most definitely fitting the bill! i know what does this have to do with a bombing? well im getting to that, so here i am checking things out here reading thought all the tons of info and i come across a signature i recognize most definitely, so i run over to my watch forum and spend like 20 mins searching through threads to find this sig (not thinking to search the screen name :fpalm: ) my excitement when i find him, so i send a pm here introducing myself as a "geek" and now brother, some chit chat and what not, me showing interest in trying some Englishes, okay so he'll send some samples my way. so the package arrives, man i can smell the lat through the box at arm length! oh this is going to be good! but this box is decently heavy! how much tobac did he stuff in this thing im thinking to myself. to my awe and amazement, theres not just tobac in this box!!

temporary_zpsbbe2c44b.jpg

so we have 2 pipes also a great Thompson i think id call it a Calabash in shape and a no name that im calling a faux duke and on to the tobac, with a note to google what im smoking, not such a good idea with what he sent since of course my fave is apparently unobtainable and pricey when it is (bet ya cant guess what it is ;)  )

so whats in the stinky box?

Esoterica Penzance and Margate (gotta say Penzance is THEE BEST thing i have EVER smoked!
McClellands 3cherry and 5100 red flake (i will definitely be ordering bulk of both of these)
SG squadron leader, chocolate flake and best brown flake
Caspstan Blue original navy cut ( i was warned this was kinda strong but i found it rather mellow and deep)
PS lux navy flake  
and lastly some erik stokkebye 4th gen 1957 which i either smoked all of in one bowl or misplaced

so all in all a huge shout out to the generosity of Mozjo33! and btw Mo, you gave away one hellofa good flake pipe!  :D

Another reason why this place is da  :bom: 

Congrats! :mrgreen: 

Thanks fellas, well I took the ones I found bland and soso and mixed them together.. Apparently this idea doesn't work to well with englishes! Yuk and bitter are good words to describe what I created.. Into a jar to forget about for a while, hopefully that will help

Very kind of you Mo, enjoy those fine tobaccos and those 2 great looking pipes Buddy, enjoy them all in rude good health.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Enjoy it Jon. If nothing else, this forum has taught me that sharing only expands this hobby and adds to its enjoyment. I have been the recipient of amazing generosity from the brothers and sisters of this forum many times over. Just paying it forward.  :flower: :flower: :flower: 

Excellent post. Good on you both, it is the generosity of our brethren that makes this hobby so perfect.

Thank you for all the kind words to me and Mo. Well its been a hellatious couple of weeks now with starting the new job and not done yet at the other. Most unfortunate, I smoked my last bowl of penzance yesterday! Not sure how ill manage on with my days without it! But thanks to Mo and encouragement from my better half I have a half pound of 3 cherrys due in hopefully Tuesday.