My first Castello!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben

Reaction score
Hi all,

I decided to pay a visit to smokingpipes.com this morning for their site update and saw something I can't recall laying eyes on previously: a Castello Hungarian (Oom Paul for those who prefer that name). As a bonus, it's an estate (less expensive) and in pristine condition. At $170, I immediately pulled the trigger. No thinking involved. Just pure, unadulterated compulsive buying.

:affraid:

I love full-bent pipes and have had a thing for the Hungarian shape since I was a kid. My grandfather, the life-long pipe smoker, never had any -- but my dad, who only smoked a pipe for a little while, had one. It was pretty much the only pipe he used.

I've always wanted a Castello. Thankfully, one is on the way to me -- and in a shape I love. Have a look:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=36767

I owe the pipe gods a big favor.

Congratulations...it's a beautiful pipe. I saw it last night and thought about it, but I've already got a few full bents so I passed. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. My Castellos are all great smokers.

It's hard to go wrong with a Castello Ben. They're very well engineered pipes! :eek:

Best,
Dock

Nice pipe Ben. I looked at it myself this morning, but I'm trying to save my money for the TAPS show on the 19th so I passed

Thanks, all.

I've been waiting and waiting for the right Castello to come along to start me off on that famous make. I believe this is the one.

Great pipe, Ben
As a matter of fact I have one in a smooth finish and it smokes like a dream. You certainly won't be disappointed and the deep bend hangs very comfortably and weightless. enjoy.
:D

Hi Ben, You won't be SORRY, I have about ten Castellos now, and I will have more in the futre! I love Italian wood it's sweeter, lighter and Much easier to breaker in because of the great porosity factor, ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Thanks, folks! Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Can't wait.

I'm a big fan of Italian pipes. I'm pleased to have examples from Radice, Caminetto, Ascorti, Le Nuvole, and Dal Fiume on the rack.

Great pipe. When I first started pipe smoking Hungarian and Calabash shapes held the widest appeal for me. Still, no oom-paul for me yet. But there's time...(not money, but time :(

Hungarian = Oom Paul. Hungarian is a way of saying it for those who don't care for the association with Uncle Paul Kruger. Full-bent is another name for it.