My first Meerschaums

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak2000

Reaction score
A couple of awesome estate finds I think, a GBD and a Barling

ee6f03c9b88592c96d83f804e7ab46b8.jpg

Interesting.  Not sure I've seen meerschaums with a "sandblast" type finish before, or stained to look like briars.

Interesting and attractive pipes. I've never been a fan of watching meerschaum color--it's too much like watching grass grow. Didn't know block meerschaum was available in this style pipe, which obviates the coloring b.s. Wouldn't mind having one, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. How do they draw? Open? Restricted?

Thanks guys!

Blackhorse":cvcbl34l said:
Is the stem on that bent bulldog oxidized ebonite (or whatever) or acrylic? If it’s just oxidized you could likely clean it or have it cleaned. Just a thought.
It's just oxidized, I will be cleaning it up and should look like new.

Draw on both pipes is perfect, looks like the same type drilling as any quality briar pipe.

I've seen lots of color and style options available in meerschaum pipes out there.

They don't look like meerschaums at all. They really look like briars, especially with the brown stain on the rustication on the right pipe; and with the oxidized stem on the left pipe, the rustication and the stain, I would never think meerschaum. :shock:

Nice find!

Falcon Puffer":1ff9itqu said:
They don't look like meerschaums at all. They really look like briars, especially with the brown stain on the rustication on the right pipe; and with the oxidized stem on the left pipe, the rustication and the stain, I would never think meerschaum. :shock:

Nice find!
This as well. Have never set eyes (or eye in my case) on meers that look for all the world like blasted briar. Although, I do recall seeing some Pete meers that were rusticated white with brownish/golden highlights.

I'll be interested to get your input on how they smoke Andy.

Cheers,

RR

I smoked the Barling yesterday, smoked great, same as any good briar pipe as far as I can tell...