My home town

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fumus

Reaction score
Been watching the news today about the shooting at our local community college. Hell of a thing. Sounds like at least 10 dead and 20 or so wounded. Small town like ours, everyone knows or is related to (or both) everyone else either directly or at most through one or maybe two degrees of separation.
Lot of personal history with that campus. Drove the swim bus there for the last two summers, took classes there right after high school and again later on as a displaced worker after 911. It was during my first year there after high school that I first met my wife in Snyder hall, the building where the shooting started today.
They say the first 48 hours are the toughest when your trying to come to terms with a new crappier reality. Guess we'll see...

Sadly given the society we live in today this sort of thing will probably become the norm. We will all get to carry guns on campuses here in Texas on Jan, 1, 2016 so we'll probably share the kind of loss you folks are. :( :(

Sad thing.  My understanding is eye witness claim the shooter was asking folk their religion before deciding how to shoot them.   That's messed up.  Praying for all you folk up there. I can't even fathom how painful this must be to the community and families.

The clowns trying to score political points off this thing make me want to vomit.  You think they'd at least be decent enough to let folk bury the dead before starting their anti-gun/pro-gun rhetoric.

puros_bran":ieoirnf9 said:
Sad thing.  My understanding is eye witness claim the shooter was asking folk their religion before deciding how to shoot them.   That's messed up.  Praying for all you folk up there. I can't even fathom how painful this must be to the community and families.

The clowns trying to score political points off this thing make me want to vomit.  You think they'd at least be decent enough to let folk bury the dead before starting their anti-gun/pro-gun rhetoric.
http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/
Yes, he was gunning for Christians.
The first clown to score points on the back of this tragedy was our President.

Hermit":r0ck2tkg said:
The first clown to score points on the back of this tragedy was our President.
Just another handy diversion for our "leader," as Putin and Netanyahu make him look silly on the world stage. Again. Strike a leaderly pose, clown.

rat10.jpg
" />

An unquestionable tragedy. Heartbreaking news.

I also second pb's second point.

It's now acceptable in the US to gun down children and nothing happens. It's not going to stop.

Those people are martyrs. That's the most glorious death there is.

This country is in such a sad state morally imo. No amount of legislation is going to cure what ails it either.

To the unfortunate victims of this evil act RIP.

Maybe it's about time something was done about it, Obama is spot on IMO.

Everybody says we need to do "something."
Anybody wanna flesh that one out a little?   :roll:

I'd love to hear the solution.

Where are the Moderators as this whole thread is going strictly POLITICAL. :twisted: :twisted:

I can fix it but I'll start deleting with post #3.  

Then I'll get cries of censorship, then someone will want to get in a cuss word battle.. I'll ban them.. All his friends will leave..   We've done this hundreds of times. Do y'all want me to mod this?  

Or can we not mod ourselves..

Go fight the pro/anti-gun fight in the rubber room...lord knows I've started plenty threads on the subject there.

Fumus I heard the news it's just terrible. I have no words. I don't know what's wrong with the world today to see more and more of this happening all the time.
My prayers are with your community.

One of the victims, Lawrence Levine, 67, a teacher at Umpqua Community College who was killed in Thursday's massacre:

vic10.jpg
" />

Source: DailyMail.com

When you detach morality from any foundation this is what you get. Not what anybody wants to hear nowadays, but doesn't make it any less true.

Fumus":xogw1dbb said:
Been watching the news today about the shooting at our local community college.  Hell of a thing. Sounds like at least 10 dead and 20 or so wounded.  Small town like ours, everyone knows or is related to (or both) everyone else either directly or at most through one or maybe two degrees of separation.  
    Lot of personal history with that campus.  Drove the swim bus there for the last two summers, took classes there right after high school and again later on as a displaced worker after  911.  It was during my first year there after high school that I first met my wife in Snyder hall, the building where the shooting started today.  
    They say the first 48 hours are the toughest when your trying to come to terms with a new crappier reality.  Guess we'll see...
It's a sad event, and part of a trend that's been growing. My prayers are with your community. :(

Fumus, I'm sorry to learn of this mate. It's tough when it's on your own door step, especially when you're in the mindset (like I was) it'll never happen to me.

My warmest wishes to you and your community. For what it's worth, time, as they say, is a great healer.

I've been following this story since it unfolded. No words can describe my feelings.

Very sorry you're having to deal with this Fumus, being so close to the event. My T&P go out to you folks and all who are affected.

:no: 

No Cheers,

RR