My IPSD morning pipe.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Furgeson

Reaction score
This is how I chose the celibate my morning pipe on this International pipe smoking day. It is my Nording bent bulldog that my wife gifted me. Filled with molto dolce my daughter gifted me. Accompanied by my favorite mug filled with Scottish whiskey tea that a dear friend gifted me.
Please post photos of you celebratory pipes. I would love to see them.

My evening plans include my Mauro Armellini churchwarden full of MacBaren 7seas black. Thank was found in the rubble of January's bombing raid. And my favorite stein full with a bit of the Irish stout I love so well. All while relaxing in my smoking chair and listening to some fine Irish music.

I celebrated IPSD EARLY this morning with my new RDPipes Devil Anse pipe made by a member of the BoB, Ron Powell. I own and smoke many different pipes, this pipe is now in my daily rotation and one of my top three favorite pipes. It's a superb smoking pipe!!
Also did a very special celebration at noon today for our Troops.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
u4srvOT.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

that is a very nice looking pipe you have there Sir. should I ever have the chance to add one to my stable of pipes. I am sure it would make itno my top rotation as well.

Great looking pipes there gentlemen. Thanks for sharing.

And Eric, that is probably the very first Nording I've seen that I've liked as all their shapes seem to be uber-weird. At least to me anyway. Your wifey has good taste!

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

Seriously though thank you. I don't mean to offend our Brothers and Sisters who love their freehands. A form which Nording seems to be a master. But to my eye most of them look like the carver got the bowl and draft hole drilled then got board about half way through carving sanded it down slapped a coat of finish ot it and called it a pipe. I look more for the summitry and cleaness of the more traditional shapes. I am highly attracted to the fit and finish of a well carved pipe in a flowing traditional style opposed to the a symmetrical nature of most freehands. Now that I have over shared about my views on freehands. Allow me to end by saying yes I am the most blessed man I know. To be able to share my life with lovely wife. She is the most supportive woman a man could ask for. She often surprises me with new pipes and is always willing to help me select new blends of tobacco to try. I honestly would be lost without her.