My Italian Honeymoon Pipe tour, Crazy picture heavy!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
This is the store front of a pipe shop in Venice. I bought a Savinelli Petite here.

Enjoying a bowl in a lovely courtyard with my Savinelli Oscar Lucite Oom Paul.

The amazing Fincato Pipe Shop in Rome. Make a point of it if you are near. I bought my second Savinelli Petite here.

I had this really boring looking pasta in Rome. I have no words for how good it was. Mind blowing! I tried my wife's pasta there too. It was equally mind blowing!

Romantic pipe smoking selfie sitting at a column of the Pantheon.

Ok, so I stopped at a café that had just a few pipes in the window to look. A waiter came and asked if I liked pipes and told me he had more inside I could look at.  I followed him in. We went down an employee stairwell to a door that had boxes in the way. He moved the boxes and we went into a room where he had every Savinelli production series in almost every shape. I'm not really sure what this situation is. I bought a Marron Glace but had remorse I didn't get a Pigna. I went back the next day and was able to give it back and get the Pigna paying only the exact difference in price. No problem.

This was a really great pipe shop in Florence. I wish I had been able to make a purchase here but funds were getting limited. I also bought a Brebbia and a Savinelli Vaniglia at shops I don't have pictures of by this point.

Enjoy!

Congratulations! What a trip, thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures.

Italy is a great place to visit. The people, food and history are fantastic!
I was there with the family in 2013 and had a blast. Brought my own pipes + tobacco, but did browse, drool and buy a few habanos at Fincato.

Congratulations, and thanks for posting. I had forgotten the appeal of a good brick and mortar. Saw a few pipes there that would have seduced me, too, had I been there. And my guess is that there's a story behind that waiter, of pipesmokerly interest.

It's no wonder Savinelli makes so many pipes, Italy must have the worlds largest pipe smoking population !! :twisted: :twisted: I only knew one pipe smoking Italian, a man who lived down my street who was from Naples. He was my father's age and is dead now, but I NEVER saw him without a pipe clenched btwn his teeth!! Looks like you had a damn fine trip !! :twisted: :twisted:

tslots":57s9ci82 said:
Italy is a great place to visit.  The people, food and history are fantastic!    
I was there with the family in 2013 and had a blast.    Brought my own pipes + tobacco, but did browse, drool and buy a few habanos at Fincato.  
I brought my own pipes and tobaccos too. That Oscar ks I'm smoking and a hercules series ex in the same shape. I just got lucky to bring a few back too! :cheers:

Thanks everyone, it was a grand trip. A little taxing early because we had so many grueling tours but it relaxed nicely towards the end.

Splendid pics old chap and good to see that pipe smoking is still very much alive in Italy. I must say you're a VERY lucky chap; to go on your honeymoon that is also a pipe tour. :suspect: I'd say you've done rather well there. She's a 'keeper'! ;)

Awesome vacation juan! Thanks for sharing the pics! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

What a great trip, and great pics. They have guides who take you on a wine tour. Maybe you have a future taking people on pipe tours. ;) Wouldn't that be a great job? Thanks for the great pics. :)

Great pictures. Makes me want to go to Italy just to look at the pipes. Thanks for the tour. :)

AJ

GREAT photos, thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. You have some great memories and super pipes to enjoy. Cheers.
Andy

Unreal! Did you happen to catch a price on that little writing desk? What a sight! My heart skipped a beat! That is just like the desk pictured in the iconic photo of the elderly Carlo Scotti clutching that GGG stack bulldog in the Castello sales room/museum. Between the seeing that desk and the corner display I'm a little shaky. :shock:

Great pics! I had missed this, glad you posted a link to it in the Welcome thread. :D

I actually smoked the pipe I bought in Venice from the shop in the first pic today so I had it well in mind.

Juan, let me first say you are a very lucky man. The picture of you and your wife says it all - you two are definitely one. Please allow me to say that your wife's honest beauty and deep soul radiate so naturally in a mere photo that in real life she must take your breath away. Take this advice from an aging man (married to a similar redhead): NEVER take her for granted, she will save your life.

Now, as for the wonderful honeymoon pictures. I must say, after the third or fourth one I was already planning a long overdue second honeymoon for my wife and me - if she'll indulge me the many side trips to all the pipe shops!

Great stuff, Juan. I enjoyed them immensely, thank you for sharing.

smoker13":u87ceiv6 said:
Juan, let me first say you are a very lucky man.  The picture of you and your wife says it all - you two are definitely one.  Please allow me to say that your wife's honest beauty and deep soul radiate so naturally in a mere photo that in real life she must take your breath away.   Take this advice from an aging man (married to a similar redhead):  NEVER take her for granted, she will save your life.

Now, as for the wonderful honeymoon pictures.  I must say, after the third or fourth one I was already planning a long overdue second honeymoon for my wife and me - if she'll indulge me the many side trips to all the pipe shops!

Great stuff, Juan.  I enjoyed them immensely, thank you for sharing.  
Thank you truly. I say, we are in agreement on all counts. Juan.