My Last Tin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I just popped my last remaining tin of Murray's Dunhill Aperitif. The Wilke billiard is loaded and I'm now puffing away on a blend that I will sorely miss. It was my favorite of the Dunhill offerings.

<sigh> I feel like it deserves a moment of silence....

I always thought Aperitif was one of the best Dunhill blends also.

The first non-aromatic I ever had and it was delicious. Too bad Orlik took over before I had a clue what was going on. Great blend!

lewtang":xpzpkz0n said:
The first non-aromatic I ever had and it was delicious. Too bad Orlik took over before I had a clue what was going on. Great blend!
I understand the Orlik version is being discontinued as well.

Justpipes":gij6bgaq said:
lewtang":gij6bgaq said:
I understand the Orlik version is being discontinued as well.
I'm not sure that Orlik ever actually blended any of the Aperiif prior to the blend being discontinued. In any case, it hasn't been produced for awhile now and I am not aware of any suitable substitutes.

Am I correct in believing that just Nightcap,EMP & #965 are to remain in production?...I heartilly agree w/ Bill about Aperitif...A legendary blend with no suitable replacement! There's nothing even CLOSE to it in flavor!..

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Just checked the ol' cellar and found only 8 tins of Aperitif left.This is one blend that I wish I had cellared more of when I had the opportunity to... <sigh>

Best,
Dock

I was able to purchase five tins today from a fellow board member for what I believe to be an incredibly fair price...I wish he had more :lol:

Best,
Dock

D.J. Perry":fufpofo3 said:
I was able to purchase five tins today from a fellow board member for what I believe to be an incredibly fair price...I wish he had more :lol:

Best,
Dock
Well Dock, being the kind gentleman that you are, it seems to me like since you now have 13 tins that you would share a tin with Bill........... :lol: :lol: :lol: