My New Baki Meer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a gorgeous meer! Congrats! BTW, I know how to get that "smoked" patina on a new pipe if anyone is interested ;)

scottyb":hnajl3m6 said:
That is a gorgeous meer! Congrats! BTW, I know how to get that "smoked" patina on a new pipe if anyone is interested ;)
I would love to hear more if you wouldn't mind. Does it involve beeswax? Thanks

I have one of Sevkets meers very similar to the one you're waiting for,bought it from Sinan Altinok 3 years ago_One thing to be aware of;the pipe cleaners will,over time,tend to leave a malicious ball of fluff in the mouthpiece behind the screw in delron piece.Upon smoking it becomes wet and makes the pipe gurgle and draw hard,when you run a cleaner through it,the cleaner passes so you have a mystery on your hands until you unscrew that tenon and see that ball of fuzz in there.
I have another meer with this new coloring,after smoking the golden color disappears and you get a compleat reversal of the normal meer color process.The pipe goes in degrees from golden brown to a dirty white and then back towards the normal process.

Winslow

Some one told me that is what Beeswax does but does leave a very slight coloring behind and you have to do it several tomes and it wasn't worth it to him.. Doing it the old fashion way by a lot of smoking seem to be alot more fun and tasty :pipe: :cyclops: :sunny: :cheers:

Well,the pipe arrived today and it is magnificent.The photos didn't do it justice.
The fit and finish are superb,the craftmanship outstanding.The draw is perfect,
the hand cut mouthpiece feels so right,the Imp style tenon a perfect fit.
It's 8" long with a 3/4" chamber which is 2" deep-just how I like it.This carver
Fikri Baki is turning out some beautiful work,I wouldn't consider an Imp meer after
having experiencened this guy's work.For the same price you get so much more bang for your buck.

Winslow

I have a Baki pipe, a perfect smooth straight billiard. The pipe is lovely and my best meer, in fit, finish, and engineering. It just looks gorgeous. Unfortunately, I found that I don't like to smoke meers and it lays now at the bottom of a drawer with other similar pipes.

I think you will find that your new pipe will be among the best meers you'll ever have.

Perhaps I could give it a new home?I have some nice briars that are not in the rotation anymore.

Winslow

Some pics would be great if you can :sunny: :affraid: :sunny:

I remember talking with Sinan Altinok at a pipe show 2 years ago,he showed me a meer called "Moon Seranade" a lecherous moon licking a lady where the sun don't shine.I said
"My wife would kill me if I came home with that",he says "Well we could make it a man instead of a woman".Crazy!

Winslow

What a lovely pipe!!!

I went to ebay and am looking at the pipes in this gentlemans store, have a few I have my eye on!!

(nekid ladys aside wink) (humm no nekid fella's either I think wink wink) :affraid:

That Pantina, My meer is bright white, (still have not smoked it, nervous about it), Do they turn that golden color over time or is it a 'finish'?

(still newbie stuff...........but thanks to a board memeber, I have uped my tobacco collection what lovely stuff he sent me, TY so much my friend!! and a lovely Pipe thrown in!)

LdyDoc

LdyDoc":vzsvpcte said:
What a lovely pipe!!!

I went to ebay and am looking at the pipes in this gentlemans store, have a few I have my eye on!!

(nekid ladys aside wink) (humm no nekid fella's either I think wink wink) :affraid:

That Pantina, My meer is bright white, (still have not smoked it, nervous about it), Do they turn that golden color over time or is it a 'finish'?

(still newbie stuff...........but thanks to a board memeber, I have uped my tobacco collection what lovely stuff he sent me, TY so much my friend!! and a lovely Pipe thrown in!)

LdyDoc
LdyDoc,

A white meerschaum will color and develop that patina the more you smoke it.