My new (old) album is ready!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All

Pleased to say I've taken delivery of the new (old) album. And I say "old" since it's a re-mix of a project I did about 10 years ago that was never suitable for release due to many technical issues that had to do with the studio I was working out of at the time. I went through 2 or 3 final mixes and never got what I wanted, so put this project on the shelf and split from that studio.

Fortunately, my present studio is more than capable to take that project and re-mix it to my satisfaction. And it's now everything it was intended to be in the first place.

There's lots of great material on here, if I do say so myself. The musicians I worked with were all on top of their game and it shows. All to say I'm pretty jazzed about the way this turned out.

In particular the bassist which contributed to this exclusively (with one exception where I played bass) is one of the defining characters of this work, since he has a unique style and brought much to the table.

In fact that's a bittersweet pill for me as he passed away suddenly about 5 years ago. And he and I go way back to the early 70's when we were in a band together in Mil, WI. So you might say we knew each other's styles intimately. I miss him dearly, but his stamp is all over this album. RIP my dear friend Len.

Anyhoo, if any of you would like one of those funny little round things they used to call CD's you have only to pm me and it's yours at n/c. And please don't think you have to send me anything in return - no 'baccy, no nothing. I'm happy to share with y'all.

Stylistically, this is primarily an acoustic album of my compositions. They cover a gamut of styles. There's only one cover tune on this - a J.S. Bach number which was one of my weekly lessons back when I attended the Conservatory in Mil, WI in the early 70's.

And for those of you who are not CD inclined, this is also available on my website for individual selections or the entire album. Again, totally at n/c. Click on the one on the upper left and go from there-

http://www.randereed.com/RRpage1.html

Thanks for reading through to the end here. I get a little long-winded at times!  ;)

Cheers,

RR

Glad to hear you got the old stuff together for release! Congratulations sir! :cheers: It sounds like a touch of immortality for you passed compadre. Nice!

You know I'd love a copy.

Ozark Wizard":wlt7pain said:
Glad to hear you got the old stuff together for release! Congratulations sir! :cheers:  It sounds like a touch of immortality for you passed compadre. Nice!

You know I'd love a copy.
You got it Ozzie!

:D

Cheers,

RR

wow what a project, I salute you and your fellow musicians, I appreciate good music but the only way I can carry a note is to write it down.
you could take a image of the CD and upload it digitally to a file share site. that way any one who wants to listen to it can just download it. no disks, no expense at your end and its digitally perfect.

either way well done, and even though I didn't know your friend my heartfelt condolences.

I still keep Bobby Dancer and the Downbeats in the car...I'd be thrilled to get a copy of this one, too.

kitobi":k072k29p said:
wow what a project, I salute you and your fellow musicians, I appreciate good music but the only way I can carry a note is to write it down.
you could take a image of the CD and upload it digitally to a file share site. that way any one who wants to listen to it can just download it. no disks, no expense at your end and its digitally perfect.

either way well done, and even though I didn't know your friend my heartfelt condolences.
Andy, this along with all my other albums are available for free downloads at my website if you're interested-

www.randereed.com

idbowman":k072k29p said:
I still keep Bobby Dancer and the Downbeats in the car...I'd be thrilled to get a copy of this one, too.
Ian, happy to learn you're still enjoying that project - it was epic! And I'll be glad to send this one along to you.

Cheers,

RR