My new smoking cabinet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Hester

Reaction score
My wife and I where out Antiquing when my wife called me over to this little beauty. I feel in love with it at first sight. It was mad in the 1940's. Thanks for looking.

Best Regards
Richard

That's sure is a nice one, I see ya have a couple there. ;)

Cartaphilus":s3568zyw said:
That's sure is a nice one, I see ya have a couple there. ;)

I do indeed all together I have five from medium to a very large one seems I have a theme going on here. Thanks for looking.

Best Regards
Richard

Very nice indeed, I need something like that too.

:cheers:

Thank you brothers for the kind words. I simply love it, I find myself going in it often just looking at it.

Best Regards
Richard

What's the assortment of accessories in the top there? Ashtrays, lighters and such?

What a find! Love the rotating shelf. I wouldn't have expected that by just looking at the front. Perfect for piping!

Great find!

This is something I'd buy new if someone was making them. Very niche market, though, so there's probably little to no profit to be had from it.

juanmedusa":jwxivn7z said:
What's the assortment of accessories in the top there?  Ashtrays, lighters and such?

Yes sir it has two places for ashtrays and then a bar across the back I have my Old lighters and old match safes there.

Richard Hester":r9az7wj1 said:
juanmedusa":r9az7wj1 said:
What's the assortment of accessories in the top there?  Ashtrays, lighters and such?

Yes sir it has two places for ashtrays and then a bar across the back I have my Old lighters and old match safes there.
Nicely done.

VERY, VERY NICE !! Interesting that the pipe rack only holds 4 pipes with so much space available !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":5vcm4asy said:
VERY, VERY NICE !!  Interesting that the pipe rack only holds 4 pipes with so much space available !! :twisted: :twisted:

I guess in the 1940's 4 pipes was enough but it would be neat if it was just a pipe rack.

Best Regards
Richard

That a really neat cabinet! I would think someone with some carpentry skills could make a pretty nice one along the same lines.

Nice cabinet Richard! I have one that is very similar to yours. Here is a link to a previous thread where I posted some pics. I thought that the small plates were ashtrays as well, but Monbla suggested that they were most likely intended for drying pipe tobacco. Judging from their size, I am inclined to think he is correct.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19195p60-vintage-tobacciana