My new to me Wiley restemmed, Gifted and bombed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
Here is my new to me Wiley freehand cleaned and restemmed.

It is 100% Fatman's kindness that I can thank for my possession of this pipe. I had always wanted a Wiley and was gifted this Wiley pipe sans the new stem that is there now. I sent it to Norwood's for cleaning and a restem. I asked for a stem that would appear to belong to the pipe but not a precision duplicate. The new stem has two round embellishments whereas the original had three. As for matching the style of stem, length, and bend this new stem is perfect, imho. The pipe and stem are shiny and clean! I think its spirit is intact. I'm going to hit the local B&M for a softee bit and then it'll get a bowlful. Speaking of..... I was already touched to receive this pipe and what did he do?! He bombed me with a completely unsuspected tin of the Orlik Dark Fired Kentucky!!! I can only hope he feels I've done it justice. John.

Looks almost like it did when it was new, back in 1984, well done!

If I were Fatty, I might think about asking for you to send it back! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That's a real handsome freehand ya got there sir, Floyd did a great job as usual I see also.
Enjoy my friend. ;)

I went to a 4th Generation tobacco and pipe event featuring Erik Stokkebye. There were also Comoy pipes and tobaccos. I decided to take some smaller bowled pipes to sample some tobaccos before I settled in to a nice full size smoke. So I sampled a broken Virginia flake with my Scottie Clay pipe. Then I then tried a Virginia perique medallion with Cavendish core in my Ozark hardwood. After those samples I settled in for a full bowl of a slightly aromatic blend in the 4th generation line in this Wiley. My first bowl. Fantastic night, some great new tobaccos, and a lovely inaugural bowl in my new Wiley. Perfect.