My newest pipe... :)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tNd

Reaction score
Have to show what i made today.... I am really happy with the result

Cobra freehand...

16a77o8.jpg

xkvknm.jpg

i50o3m.jpg

dlnymw.jpg

117s4sw.jpg

23wa2z6.jpg

ke9s1v.jpg

29e4wo1.jpg

2n69qx3.jpg

21ozvqu.jpg

fvfiw1.jpg

2qbry91.jpg

6t2zv6.jpg

Wow, great job! Excellent grain + contrast stain.

Looks sort of like a duck when it's upside down.

VERY nice job with the finish and contrast. Lots of interesting lines in the shape too, well done! :cheers:

Mind blowing cross grain, and a thought provoking shape! Beautiful photos as well.
In photo #4, the birdseye forms a very surprised looking human face...

Th birdsye and cross-grain is SUPERB! Great shaping and a great piece of briar to work with! What is the origin of your wood???

Harlock999":bpt4arek said:
Mind blowing cross grain, and a thought provoking shape! Beautiful photos as well.
thank you Harlock - the human face... you are right - there are several faces on it :) hehehehe...

NeroWolfe":bpt4arek said:
Th birdsye and cross-grain is SUPERB! Great shaping and a great piece of briar to work with! What is the origin of your wood???
thank you Wolfe - the origin is Manno Briar Italy (i don't know their source) - the quality of the wood is Extra Extra Ebauchon (but it was more a Plateaux cross cut - had some bark on it)...

thank you all for the nice comments :p
regards
daniel

kind of freaky looking in a good way! Nice work!!!

djf1":5g4sdbdo said:
kind of freaky looking in a good way! Nice work!!!
I agree! Is the stem attached? Looks very plausible and accurate anyway.

Congratulations, Daniel, and kind regards
Thilo

Thilo - thank you for your nice opinion about this baby - can you please clarify what do you mean about stem being attached?? i am not sure i understood the question?? :)
:)
regards, daniel

I just asked myself, if it's one piece of briar or two.
Thanks for your answer and kind regards.

regards Thilo :)
the shank is made using two pieces of briar from the same block... i had to attach that black ring on the shank... the end ring is curved (i am not sure if you can see it on pictures - have to make a stronger curving in future - this one does not show to good)....

Tanks for the answer, Daniel. On these photos your work looks quite impressive.

i am so sorry you can't see her in real life.. i know i am subjective here but this baby looks soooo nice.... the grain forms faces - has several of them... not one fault anywhere - simply a beautiful briar...
and here i used Paraffin oil to pop the colours up - the colour is really beautiful ...
i am sure that pictures do not show half of it.. i am sorry that i am not a better photographer (still learning)... next pictures will be better - have to find a light difusor not to have to many reflections on a black surroundings... :)

Harlock999":e9p85btk said:
Kinda looks like a custom paint job with all the skulls and faces.