• Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Timbo

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with you Natch, a slight bend in the cleaner and there's no scraping. Took me a while to figure that one out.

kingcobradude

Reaction score
I had a Wellington pipe years ago. I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me that the hole on the Wellingtons comes straight out and it not canted to the top of the button like a Peterson p-lip. Of course, this is through the fog of quite a few years, so...?
You may be right about that.

WaPiper

Reaction score
I have a few. Smokes well either way. One thing I have noticed with a few tobacco blends that I like to smoke a little on the hot side is that I don’t get as much tongue bite when I use a P-lip. My 2cents.

cigrmaster

Reaction score
When I first bought a plip I smoked it once and then gave it away. I really disliked it.

pistolero

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I never tried one until just a couple months ago. Really was sceptical. Now I already have 4 P-lipped Pete Systems and a Savinelli with their version of it. As far as clenching, I can clench them no problem but I don't. Mine are all bents, and they just hang on the bottom teeth effortlessly.
You do have a point about it needing to be farther past the lips to work. With a fishtail I often just hold the pipe in hand and sip with the button just inside the lips.