My personal pipes with custom hand made sterling silver.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

standaman

Reaction score
My name is Stanley Nigro.  I was introduced to the BOB after I made him a Sterling silver rim cap for a large billiard that he posted a picture of to show both his and my work.  Many asked to see some pics of my other pipes with silver, and I finally learned how to do that tonight!  I'm thrilled to accomplish this simple task.  Thanks to all who's advice proved so helpful in The Photo Gallery.  Here are some pics of my personal pipes, taken by Scott Townsend at Blue Room Briars.
Peterson%20Bent%20Pot%20With%20Fancy%20Removeable%20Wind%20Cap%2001_zpsxv1dyor8.jpg
" />

Peterson%20Bent%20Pot%20With%20Fancy%20Removeable%20Wind%20Cap%2002_zpskeiiqmo4.jpg
" />

Peterson%20Billiard%20With%20Wind%20Screen_zpsccttuqua.jpg
" />

Peterson%20Deluxe%20Bent%20With%20Fancy%20Silver%20Wind%20Cap%20High%20Res.%2001_zpsmd8yjeel.jpg
" />
Peterson%20Deluxe%20Bent%20With%20Fancy%20Silver%20Wind%20Screen%20High%20Res.%2002_zpssfzmhgak.jpg
" />

Peterson%20Ebony%20With%20Fancy%20Removeable%20Wind%20Cap_zpsxj7ws5rp.jpg
" />

Peterson%20Ebony%20With%20Wind%20Screen%2001_zpsdbohmnbx.jpg
" />
Peterson%20Ebony%20With%20Wind%20Screen%2002_zpstlva0yr4.jpg
" />
I hope you like these first attempts at making hand made silver to embellish my Peterson pipes that I wanted to add wind screens and caps to.  Thanks for your attention and support.

Stan

So DUMB!! The "him" I was referring to was Todd Harris, the maker of "Billiard with Sterling Silver". He introduced me to you all and I owe him a debt of gratitude for his continued friendship and support.

Silver%20Rim%20Guard%20Todd%20Harris%20Full%20Pipe%201_zpst00gxcb0.jpg
[/url][/img]

Silver%20Rim%20Guard%20Todd%20Harris%20Full%20Pipe%202_zpslmezxnp5.jpg
[/url][/img]

You do some truly beautiful silver work Sir! Simply dazzling....

Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful sir a testament to your skills and talents. I look forward to seeing much moer of you work in the future. Thank you for joining us and sharing your work.

Simply outstanding craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing more of your Art.   Do you still take on work?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Stan is a fantastic craftsman and a pleasure to work with.

He is currently working on enhancing a pipe for a Brother now.

We will post pictures when it is done.

Todd

WOW!!!! simply beautiful, outstand work looking forward to seeing more.

Regards,
Richard

Truly stunning work, Stan! Looking forward to seeing more here soon.

Charles

Thank you all for your compliments and support. It means more To me than you can know. I'd like to show you some additional work that I've done for another good friend. Artisan pipe maker extraordinaire, Jessie Jones. Todd Harris has been kind enough to allow me to collaborate with him, making custom silver additions to his beautiful pipes. But Jessie Jones was the person that introduced him to me, recommending my work. Jessie was the FIRST artisan, professional pipe maker to give me this opportunity. He and his partner Scott Townsend, at Blue Room Briars, turned me from a customer, into a friend and collaborator, through their kindness and generosity, and a shared passion for Sterling Silver applied to pipes. They allowed me to break the rut of only making these items for myself, and encouraged me to add my skills to the amazing world of pipes. I will always owe them a debt of eternal gratitude for giving me that first chance. This is some of the work that I've done for Jessie:

Jessie%20Jones%20Morta%20Prince%20With%20Crown%20High%20Resolution_zpsqfyre6ky.jpg
[/url][/img]
Jessie%20Jones%20Morta%20Prince%20With%20Crown%20Close-up%20High%20Resolution_zps4p9emnbu.jpg
[/url][/img]

Jessie%20Jones%20Morta%20Squat%20Rhodesian%20With%20SN%20Silver%20Band%20High%20Res%2001_zpsorj1pz6p.jpg
[/url][/img]
Jessie%20Jones%20Morta%20Squat%20Rhodesian%20With%20SN%20Silver%20Band%20High%20Res%2002_zpslcutz4mb.jpg
[/url][/img]

Wide%20Band%20for%20JJ%20Canadian%20Finished%2003_zpsckvwj740.jpg
[/url][/img]
Wide%20Band%20for%20JJ%20Canadian%20Finished%2002_zpsualspe81.jpg
[/url][/img]
Wide%20Band%20for%20JJ%20Canadian%20Finished%2001_zpszx0bwxkg.jpg
[/url][/img]

This last set of pics were taken by me, at my bench, of a large Canadian pipe that Jessie wanted a wide stem band for. It's in the mail as we speak, possibly arriving today. I can't wait to see the finished pipe, and Scott's fantastic photographs of it. I hope you like these examples of Jessie's genius, and my additional flair!

Thanks, Stan

Stan, your work is something to be proud of, each is like looking at a different piece of Art work. Thank you for taking the time and posting these pictures, it's well appreciated.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Stan, wow! Just wow! Your work is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to join us so you could share these works of art. Really look forward to seeing more of your work.

Jim

I'm just happy Stan is letting me display his silver-work on my pipes. It certainly classes em up a bit. :D