My pipe collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to show off my pelt collection as it stands today. It has grown much faster than anticipated (possibly thanks to this group). Before I joined BoB almost one year ago (one year will be in October) I had 7 pipes, my how they grow.

GeoffC":7755xhkn said:
So what do you like/dislike with the P-Lip?   I don't own a P-Lip and wonder what your thoughts on how it affects mouthfeel.
I enjoy the P-Lip ad much as the standard. I find that the shape makes it a bit awkward to clench since it does feel more narrow. It's not something that I look for or try to avoid.

I've had a relatively large collection and then only a handful. The only difference [I found] is that one took up more space than the other. Bigger isn't always better. But I also find it very easy to get rid of pipes that fail on the utilitarian scale. If they aren't great smokers, then I feel little connexion to them on any level. Bye-Bye. I won't miss ya. Brand, rarity, aesthetics, and the other markers are distant to the the quality of smoke. I wish I was like that with other things.

My point is that everyone has a different perspective. DUH. It's so very easy to get sucked into the accumulation game, but hey, if they satisfy enough on any level, then why not? And the learning curve is so huge and vast to a new smoker, why not go a little haywire? Well, the only reason I'd answer my own question there is that often, too many options isn't the best way to gain knowledge of something. An inch deep and a mile wide isn't always productive.

By my calculations, applying the mathematical formula using the PAD constant? (p=P^2 x $), you should be right around 36 by this time next year. :)

Thanks for sharing the collection with us.