My Pipes Will Get A Rest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I've been in the process of getting a dental implant for months. Today, the threaded metal post was screwed into my upper jaw. Lots of bold letters in the aftercare instructions. NO SMOKING! Smoking will inhibit the healing of the gums surrounding the metal post. Implants are crazy expensive. Installing the post today was $2070.00. So, I can't have a smoke for four to six weeks.

Had the same recently for a stress test and echocardiogram. But only for 48 hours. Sucked. Also no coffee for 24 hours prior. That really sucked.

So the installed post was $2K. What’s the total bill? I got a quote locally and it was WAY beyond your quote.
By the time the new tooth is in my mouth, approaching $8000. My brother needs two. His wife just had one. He winters in Houston. For what the two implants will cost him, he could winter in Mexico and have the implants done there by dentists trained in the U.S.

Last week, I had an appointment with my regular dentist for a mold to be made so the oral surgeon would know exactly where to put the metal post. Dentist said, "Hi, my hygienist will make the mold." Hygienist comes in, puts some fast drying goop in an oral tray, times out 60 seconds and removes the tray. Total appointment less than 5 minutes, $459.00.

One of my friends had multiple implants over the course of a few years. He said the final cost was over $100,000. Not long after the work was completed he died.

Last edited: