My smoking room

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I work from home, so sadly my smoking room is not an escape from responsibilities, but the place where they happen. This is my little smoking room, or at least one half of it :) I keep most of my pipes and all of my tobacco in the closet, partly to protect against sun, and partly to protect against two extremely curious cats.

A note on the bookshelf holding the tobacco - it's about 16" deep, so all of those jars on the bottom row are three rows deep, and everything up top is 4 rows deep (smaller major jars in the back, tins next). I don't track it on tobaccocellar, but last time I took an inventory I was looking at somewhere around 19 pounds across 110+ blends.

Good stuff Bobby! Looks like you also have an ionizer there next to the 'puter. How does it work for you?

Also like that unique pipe stand where it looks like spools to hold up the pipes.

You're far more organised than me! Thanks for sharing.

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":7htxi52e said:
Good stuff Bobby! Looks like you also have an ionizer there next to the 'puter. How does it work for you?

Also like that unique pipe stand where it looks like spools to hold up the pipes.

You're far more organised than me! Thanks for sharing.

8)

Cheers,

RR
Sadly, it's not an ionizer. :( It's a Holmes QuietAir(something like that?) Fan; I normally use it as my bedside fan, but as hot as it's been lately, it's become my daytime office fan.

The stand is a solid, turned block of lignum vitae; it's the stand to the GKCPC 2014 7 day set that I was lucky enough to win in the raffle. The stands are separate pieces, with magnets in them to act as pipe holders. It's a very impressive piece of wood but I keep it out of direct sunlight; as it's exposed to light, it changes color. When I'm home I'll take a better picture for you! It's approximately 18" across, and about 4" deep. It weighs nearly 20 pounds as is.

Very nice set up! Someday I'll have a room to smoke in.

I'll most likely have to build it though. (sigh)

110 blends is an awesome variety! Well done! :cheers:

Ozark Wizard":a0tp7vxl said:
Very nice set up! Someday I'll have a room to smoke in.

I'll most likely have to build it though. (sigh)

110 blends is an awesome variety! Well done! :cheers:
Thank you! I'll admit, 75% of my many pounds is comprised of about 5 blends, but I've got a ton of variety in there. I like a LOT of different tobaccos, and my gig with Pipes & Tobaccos magazine certainly has helped in expanding those tastes and this collection.

Great smoking room plus an excellent selection of some fine tobacco's. You have some great pipes, I see a custom made pipe rack on that shelf in the future. Very comfy looking work/smoking room.
Thanks for sharing :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!