My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipePuffer

Reaction score
I just finished organizing my cellar so I thought I would share a few pictures with you all. I bought old stackable bookshelves with glass doors to hold my stash. The top shelf is for pipes and open baccies. The second shelf is mostly for aromatics. The third shelf is mostly for non-aromatics. The bottom shelf is for glass jars (that glass door has been blacked out to protect the tobacco from ambient light).

cellar10.jpg

cellar11.jpg

cellar12.jpg

cellar13.jpg

A few of my pipes (I'll show them off better in a later post):

cellar14.jpg

And finally the "smoking room", though I always smoke outside (not by choice ;))

cellar15.jpg

cellar16.jpg

Nice! Some tasty tobaccos there and nice pipes. I dig your setup...I'm looking for something similar as I have outgrown my little mini bookshelf type thing.

Well I can see you A) Like Squadron Leader and Frog Morton, and B) Have some very handsome pipes. Welcome to the brotherhood, puffer.

Very nice set up. I'm too going to have to upgrade soon as I'm running out of room.

That's a very nice arrangement. I have long coveted a set of "Barrister" book cases but hadn't thought of using them for tobacco storage. Great idea.

Diggin' the wallpapered bath-trap :tongue: We seem to have similar taste in pipe shapes :D

Bump!

I don't have a decent set-up like that right now. Is the Arm & Hammer in the top to absorb the smokey goodness of those pipes? Or just to protect that fine piece of furniture in the event you must use it for something else?

Curious in Canada :lol:

Thanks everyone! The Arm and Hammer packet is there to absorb the smokey smell of my cold pipes. My wife doesn't like it. It also absorbs some moisture.

I'm a big fan of Frog Morton and I need to try Squadron Leader.

I like that collection of pipes too. Thanks for sharing.

My smoking room is basically my car so what you have is a big step up from that!

Nice looking cellar.

I wonder how long the Solani Silver Flake can stay in its tin? The tin is not sealed, but is in a quality folded plastic bag in side the unsealed tin. I don't have any specs on its shelf life; just curious.

I love the downstairs stuff you guys are doing for your man caves...Here in Dallas Texas we are pretty much on a giant slab of clay in the middle of a scrub desert. The moisture content varies from one extreme to the other due to the seasons in this Texas desert. The result is that soil shifts so dramatically during the course of the seasons that nobody has basements down here. In fact there is a whole cottage industry of "foundation repairmen" who do nothing but try to stabilize the "concrete slabs" that everybody has their house built on...cause doorways, window jams and sheetrock walls are all at the mercy of the shifting clay. I used to live up north (Peoria, Illinois) and loved my basement, now I have to try to fit all my yard stuff and extra "wifey" junk in a cluttered garage. Most people do have some attic space but its usually small and not the same as "going down into the dark man space" under the house. I will just sit and be proud for the rest of you....

GregE":6gl2p0s7 said:
I love the downstairs stuff you guys are doing for your man caves...Here in Dallas Texas we are pretty much on a giant slab of clay in the middle of a scrub desert. The moisture content varies from one extreme to the other due to the seasons in this Texas desert. The result is that soil shifts so dramatically during the course of the seasons that nobody has basements down here. In fact there is a whole cottage industry of "foundation repairmen" who do nothing but try to stabilize the "concrete slabs" that everybody has their house built on...cause doorways, window jams and sheetrock walls are all at the mercy of the shifting clay. I used to live up north (Peoria, Illinois) and loved my basement, now I have to try to fit all my yard stuff and extra "wifey" junk in a cluttered garage. Most people do have some attic space but its usually small and not the same as "going down into the dark man space" under the house. I will just sit and be proud for the rest of you....
I would love a nice basement...But like you said, having one down here would be a disaster. Heck, the foundation on my house moves over 1 1/2" over the year..For now, I'm happy with my little workspace in the corner of the garage.

Ataki":tc4gyomm said:
I would love a nice basement...But like you said, having one down here would be a disaster. Heck, the foundation on my house moves over 1 1/2" over the year..For now, I'm happy with my little workspace in the corner of the garage.
Mine would be an indoor swimming pool. :lol:

Very cool! That's a great barrister's bookcase and I never thought of it till now but it makes a PERFECT tobacco cellar and pipe display case. Hell, there's even room for some books! Pipes, tobacco, a couple of volumes of Sherlock Holmes and LOTR's and you're all set. Hmm...a shelf dedicated for a bar as well??...nah, make it half a shelf and leave for room for cellaring! Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

sorringowl":ktgg50nl said:
Very cool! That's a great barrister's bookcase and I never thought of it till now but it makes a PERFECT tobacco cellar and pipe display case. Hell, there's even room for some books! Pipes, tobacco, a couple of volumes of Sherlock Holmes and LOTR's and you're all set. Hmm...a shelf dedicated for a bar as well??...nah, make it half a shelf and leave for room for cellaring! Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! The bar is off to the side: :D

bar10.jpg