My top three choices-

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregE

Reaction score
I have officially found my top three favorite tobaccos..they are Orlik golden blend, Barbary coast and Walnut......I was wondering if its okay to drip a couple of drops of water into a jar of tobacco if its starting to dry out too much? I am sure somebody has an opinion on this.

Greg,

I've found sometimes that works, but more than once it's led to mold for me. I would recommend put a damp rag over the top of the jar for a day or so, that moistens all the tobacco equally.

Natch

Today's :mrgreen: top three: GLP's Stratford and Maltese Falcon, and GH Ennerdale Flake.

Not a big fan of directly applying water to tabak - I've never been smart enough to avoid mold.

Buddy

I put a damp rag/wash cloth into a open plastic baggie, then put the baggie in the jar. Works for both pipe 'baccy and cigars!! FTRPLT

I have had real good luck with the damp cloth in jar method. Also like ta lay one of those clay moistener figures like SHMBO uses to keep her brown sugar moist and other things dry. just soak it for a couple of hours and place on the cotton cloth in the jar while keping the cloth from touching the tobac.Check daily. I use one of those candle jars with a plastic stopper on the lid cause it is real wide, but sure a ball jar will work just as well.

Bd

Never Forget

As far as water and tobacco goes, what ever method you decide on just be sure to use distilled water. :idea:

I have had some success with distilled water in a clean spray bottle. YMMV

-Andrew