My wife…

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
Started smoking a pipe.

After years of gentle, feminine inquiries as to why “another pipe” or why “so much tobacco in my cellar”. Half a dozen 1 oz bags of aromatics from c&d and sutliff showed up one day. Actually, some decent ones. Addressed to me no less, from smokingpipes. I figured it was a hint maybe. Then a box from tobacco pipes, a 2020 Pete st Patrick’s day 106. A week later, another box from smokingpipes, another 2020 st Patrick’s day, this time a 408. And a Dracula 87 from this year, a Czech tool, and a smokingpipes branded leather combo pouch. (matches her wallet and purse) My how odd things happen, huh? The real question is, what will this do to our (my) baccy budget?

Your 'baccy budget will fall prey to the wifely phrase "you NEED to" get some more, buy some more, store some more of whatever 'baccy has afflicted her "WANT/NEED" glands!!!! Good luck!!!!! LOL FTRPLT

Last edited:
Well, logically your tobacco/pipe budget SHOULD double right? Or here double and yours get cut in half. But now you may end up fighting over those hard to find tobaccos lol.
My wife gave it a try once but I guess it just wasn't for her.

Make sure that you properly indoctrinate her into thinking that your tobacco preferences are absolutely extraordinary and should be hers, as well. Then, within prudent financial reason, she can purchase whatever she desires, and you can just "borrow" from her stash and suggest blends she might want to try.
You might also consider buying her a couple of Missouri Meerschaum maple pipes, for their light weight. (1.6 oz.)

Last edited:
My influence into here selections is pretty evident from the outset. The pipes she bought are the most populous on my rack, for one thing. For another, the aromatic blend she bought were from the only two companies I buy aromatics from. I will attempt to help her expand her pallet, but that may be tricky. And she already calls my cobs “hee haw” pipes lol.

My wife already calls my cobs “hee haw” pipes lol.
The maple pipes that aren't in the spool shape really don't look much like cobs. I have two that I"ve replaced the stems with Italian acrylic and I barely resemble Hee Haw character, Grandpa Jones.
grandpa-jonesjpg-e6ce8629ff969101.jpg

Being first gen Irish American, and appreciating colorful, pretty things, she’s taken a shine to the louder offerings from Peterson and also savinelli. Good news is, the 106 st pattys day she got has too large a bowl for her liking, so I got a new pipe out of the deal.