My wife's idea

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think the pipe shows are the places to have meet ups. The guys close to the east coast can meet and the west coast do the same. Simply when one is approaching try to get a group together who is going. I've yet to attend one but would really like to go someday.

Old Nate":lbr1adsg said:
Yeah, I think the pipe shows are the places to have meet ups. The guys close to the east coast can meet and the west coast do the same. Simply when one is approaching try to get a group together who is going. I've yet to attend one but would really like to go someday.
YES!!!

Arky, why don't you organize some meet and greets at and during the regional shows? Do be a good chap and let us know the upcoming schedules, yes?

Thanks in advance!

:cheers:

Ozark Wizard":o6q1ebmi said:
Old Nate":o6q1ebmi said:
YES!!!

Arky, why don't you organize some meet and greets at and during the regional shows? Do be a good chap and let us know the upcoming schedules, yes?

Thanks in advance!

:cheers:  
Seconded.

Cheers,

RR

closest one is in Chicago right now and I'm not going that far but when I see one that makes more sence for me to go to ill say something. when I looked in Arkansas all I got was why smokeing is bad for Arkansas over 500 thousand people a year die in Arkansas from smokeing and I don't feel I want to single handely get people together If it was something we wanted to do together make happen great if not than forget it say what you will about me it was simply an idea to ponder not that I felt I wanted to single handely make it happen

arkansaspiper":o62ho1n1 said:
closest one is in Chicago right now and I'm not going that far but when I see one that makes more sence for me to go to ill say something. when I looked in Arkansas all I got was why smokeing is bad for Arkansas over 500 thousand people a year die in Arkansas from smokeing and I don't feel I want to single handely get people together If it was something we wanted to do together make happen great if not than forget it say what you will about me it was simply an idea to ponder not that I felt I wanted to single handely make it happen
Chicago is a good one. I know you've been there, (the city), so you could find it easily enough. It's not that far from you, a day's drive at most. You do that to go to dog shows, right? Or hop a fight and get there in a few hours, rent a car, and get around. There's also the "L"..........

Buddy, if half a million people in Arkansas die from smoking each year, you better get busy and start making babies! AND ease up on consumption. WOW!! I guess there is an assload of folks in your state!

Honestly, I think it would be a great thing to do. When I travel I like to visit folks I've only met online, look into eyes and press flesh. As this is something you had spearheaded, it seems only right that we here step aside and let you run with this baby. Wouldn't want to step on any toes, all that.................

I look forward to your report, Leftenant, carry on.............................

this is getting way funny as if I'm going yall are getting to much of a laught out of me

arkansaspiper":8zlr1upf said:
this is getting way funny as if I'm going yall are getting to much of a laught out of me
So, does that mean you don't want to do this? I'm not laughing. You tossed the idea out, and seemed like you thought no one was interested. Are you saying you're not serious about this?

I guess you were just pulling our leg.................:suspect:

Looked up total deaths, all causes in Arkansas.

One year = 30,000.

Wherever you got 500,000 deaths per year from smoking is totally bogus.

Heck, total population of the state is just 3 million! I hardly think 1/6 of the entire state population is dying from smoking each year.

what ever maby it was total usa but what ever look point is this is funny to me now totally hilarious wow I was done with this like forever ago and no one could let it gooooooooo let it goooooooooo

Forever ago? It was like 3 days ago you started this post. That's forever ago?

Or is the whole thing just a matter of BS. Just curious.

And if you're going to be quoting hard number statistics...knowing they're state level or the whole country...really?

I honestly would have no have a prob if more people seemed into it enough to help with the effort I'm not doing it all by my self no and that's that done if more people want it then lets make a plan but say what u want about me it was a stupid thing for me to say cuz I knew yall would do this to me and wow the numbers are way to important to u glad you know the facts now good for u good on ya buddy

Yeah, I understand. I would agree. Even though I like doing some things by myself the whole point here was for you to hook up with others...I think.

And the actual numbers aren't all that critical (unless you were one of 'em). It just seemed like a huge amount and I was so shocked I wanted to see. Took about 30 seconds to look it up on Google.

Good luck in figuring something out that works for you.

Now if any members take issue with me that's OK.
I am not here to mke a million friends, yes I'm here to make friends but I can't please every one as lonely coyote said. and so I'm done this is stupid now and gone way to far. let's get along, and come to me pm me even better if u need to clear the air with me. I'm trying toto be an adult a understanding kind down to earth adult. not saying any of you are not just talking for my self. I'm glad you get it now, and maby this thread could find its way to the bottom and we can move on to something with a little more substantial meat In tge convo! as far as I'm concerned every one on here is my brother and I respect all of you so please let's move on! pass me up if u don't like me I just want peace among brothers and friends to be be friends lessons learned.

alandadp":4vkoya06 said:
Stick":4vkoya06 said:
Nice idea Arky. Much as I'd really love to meet up with my friends on the BoB, I doubt I could get a pink chit authorised to swan off across the Atlantic to smoke a pipe or two. If you ever get it off the ground I'll be with you in spirit!
And there was me hoping to cadge a lift in your Sopwith Camel Stick
Now that sounds like an adenture. Perhaps I'll drag her out of the hangar and swing the prop after all! You bring the flask Adam, i'll make some sarnies!

Chicago! Cripes Adam! That's 3308 miles from the 'shire.

The range on the Camel is only 300 miles, 345 with a stiff tail wind. This will be quite the adventure!

Tally Ho old bean!

[rushes away to find road atlas, flying hat and goggles, ball of string and 10 pence for phone calls]

Do you really have camel the  camel was a great  British ww1 single-seat biplane fighter aircraft  in the Western Front in 1917. Made by sac it used a rotary engine and had twin synchronized machine guns. Amazing British plain of its time
113 mph top speed if I remember correctly