Need a strong hit!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try G&H's BROWN IRISH TWIST, ...THE strongest tabac I have ever smoked! I have some Gallaher's Black Irish Rolls[50 years old], I am afraid to try! :affraid: Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

HistoryMajor":g76ol0lu said:
Does 5 Bros smoke well in a pipe? I have a pouch of it, but I've only ever rolled it...not smoked it in a pipe. Seems to me like it's cigarette tobacco. But correct me if I'm wrong.
Baccy is baccy brother. Smoke it any way you can.
I sometimes smoke Drum in my mini meer churchwarden.

Irish Twist looks like it might be worth a try, hell, I may as well start with someting really strong and then work backwards if it doesn't suit. 50 years old! Wow lol the age on that alone would arose my curiosity

I've heard the Samuel Gawith XX Rope is a kick in the pants.

I personally get a big hit from Full Virginia Flake - I have to eat an hour before (not right before).

If you can get a sample from a European brother of briar, Semois Tobacco (I've had Windels Half Grove=medium cut) is pretty stout (and laced with Tonquin) TR's page on Windels:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=H&TID=2336

Semois is a burley type of tobacco grown in Belgium and largely NOT available outside Belgium. It is very natural burley like and cigarish in taste, burns about like Prince Albert and is stupefyingly good in a corn cob pipe, well worth seeking if ONLY for the curiosity. If you are fortunate to find a 'smuggling partner' in or around Belgium maybe you could negotiate regular trades -- IE import and customs will wonder about the 'candle supplies trade' eventually :twisted:

:pipe:

Hey thanks kilted. Thinking about it, what I'm actually after isn't really something amazingly strong, what I wanted ideally was a tobacco like Davidoff's Flake Medallions but which has a fuller, stronger, flavour. I tried St. James Flake and though it was good, was not as characteristic as FM, so I've decided to go with the recommendation of 'Beacon' because it seems to offer a great flavour, which is at heart, what I'm looking for, thanks for all your help brothers!

HistoryMajor":o2jjeur8 said:
Does 5 Bros smoke well in a pipe? I have a pouch of it, but I've only ever rolled it...not smoked it in a pipe. Seems to me like it's cigarette tobacco. But correct me if I'm wrong.
5 Brothers smokes well but very quickly in a pipe. I'm a slow smoker but can usually go through a bowl of 5 Brothers in 15-20 minutes. Yes, it is stout! If you can't find it locally, Mars Cigars carries it.

Smokey

Nightrain has nicotine but not a full taste; it has a strong burley component that for me undercuts taste. If you want a very full taste without the nicotine try GLP Key Largo.

Thanks Alfredo, looks like an interesting blend, I'm just getting my palette used to Latakia, so might give this a try in a few weeks time