Need help for the computer illiterate on Posting Pictures

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have an easy step by step guide on posting pictures on the forum. I'm either too tired or I am missing something very obvious. Or (which is closer to the truth) just computer illiterate. Thanks in advance.

I do the following:

Place the pic someplace where it will be easy to find on your computer
go to mypicshare.com
Click the Choose File button
a menu of your computer should pop up, click on your picture to select it (example, if it's in a folder on your harddrive called 'my pipe pictures' then you'd click to open that file and find your pic in there)
Click the "Upload Image" button
copy the script inside the box to the left of the words "UBB code for most of the forums"
Paste the script in the text of your post, when you hit 'send' it will cease to be script and a pic will appear in it's place

Mike, I'll try to help. Find a picture on the internet and then right click on it, a window will pop up left click on copy image location. Then open a "new topic window" or post a reply.
Right below the B there is an icon left click it, a box will pop up right click in the box this will paste the image location in your post. If this still doesn't work please PM me.

Dan

I have been using my web space on my ISP account.

You can see my format that I use for my space if you do a quote of one of my posts with a pic. If you have web space with your ISP, it will be similar, but not the same.

This board has a link to an online photo storage site, but I have not used it yet. You could also use photobucket. Instructions should be on their site.

I sized my pics at 800 x 600. Some sites will do it automatically for you.

Mike, I just learned this way the other day.

Just under the "B" button on the REPLY window you'll see a disk button. Click this button and a window will open up. From there you can click BROWSE and find the pic you want to post on your computer.

From there it will upload it right to the thread.

You will get an email saying you just opened an account of some sort. I asked Jason about this and he said it is kosher.

Hope that helps,
showme

Mike,

I use Photobucket for my pics. I set up an account (which is free) and uploaded pictures. The directions to upload them are the same that PD mentioned. Below each picture are four different types of upload formats (e-mail/IM, Direct link, HTML, and IMG). Just click on the IMG format and the text is added to your clipboard. All you have to do then is start a new post, or reply. In the big blank box right click and paste or press"Ctrl & V" (at the same time). The image code is pasted and your'e done. Add text as you normally would and click send.
Edited to add: Photobucket also resizes the photo file to fit in the border of the board.

Mike,

Here is the absolute easiest method of posting pictures.

Take the photograph and hold it up to your monitor, glossy side facing the screen, and hit send.

It must work, since I've been doing it this way for years :D

Mike

pipemaker":abh800c2 said:
Mike,

Here is the absolute easiest method of posting pictures.

Take the photograph and hold it up to your monitor, glossy side facing the screen, and hit send.

It must work, since I've been doing it this way for years :D

Mike
I appreciate the laugh. :lol: I really needed it.

Mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you HAD to ask, didn't you?

Does any of this work in dial-up-ville?

No tellin what :gatewheel: has to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe we should explain this to HIM and we'll get to see HIS pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no don't.

LOL, TJ! Out of consideration for the handful of folks who still talk to me here, I've decided never to post personal photos. But, if I got angry enough, I might just do it to get even with someone for a particularly despicable act. j/k (sort of).

Should work fine in dial-up.

Let me know if it takes way too long to open some of my photos. I can make them smaller to open quicker. Wish I had the talents to take better photos. Some of my dark pipes are very hard to see the grain.

Alright Mike,

I see 5 different ways listed to post pics, but no pictures yet. Come on pony up! :D The worst that could happen would be all we see is a red X instead of a picture. (unless you accidentally post some nekid pics :oops: )

Where are those Pictures? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have tried everything and cannot get it to work. I get to the Host it box and everything freezes up or it keeps going back to the host it box.
32914.jpg

Natch you crack me up.

The reason that Jeff continues to consider my advice is because Arkansas is still back in the 10th Century.

Mike

Mike, when it freezes up, let it continue. It may be uploading the picture at that point. eBay used to do that for me when uploading pics to the sales pages. Took me a while to figure that out.

Just remember, there really is several free options.

Nice pipe. 8)