Need Help With a Sasieni

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaukatt

Reaction score
I just received my newest ebay win, a patent era Sasieni Four Dot Bowler in very good condition. It was difficult to tell from the listing photos and it didn't occur to me to ask the seller but the four "blue" dots appear white. I cannot tell if the stem is original to the pipe but I can't figure anyone making a replacement and not using some shade of blue for the dots.

Is there a chance that this patent era pipe's blue dots have faded? Does anyone have experience with faded blue dots on a Sasieni stem? The pipe did not come with a stinger between the stem and shank. In the mean time I have since sent the question to the seller.

I can't say how old the pipe is and would love to find out. It does not have the Sasieni logo with the fish tail under the name but it is the script Sasieni logo and has a patent # on the pipe which reads: Pat. No. 2150221/20 - I think - it is pretty faded as well, especially the first few #'s. I won't get a better look until I get home using stronger magnification but I think that is what is stamped on the left side, along with, Sasieini, over London Made over the pat. no., and to the left of that stamp in an oval is Made In (over) England. The right side is stamped "Bowler" with an "N" stamped to the right of it.

I'd appreciate any opinions.

Thanks,

Lou

I have two Sasaini 4-dots I bought new, pre-transistion models ( pre-1979 ) but not patent # series and their dots were a nice light blue when brand new but have faded to a sort of light grey/white now 30 years later. I'm not a Sasaini "collector" but I understand this is not that uncommon. Here's some good overall info on them if you haven't read it.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Sasieni

I think the color of the dots would vary depending on the shade of rod stock they'd get to make them from year to year. Some are almost white to my eye too.

monbla256":8ogdznoo said:
I have two Sasaini 4-dots I bought new, pre-transistion models ( pre-1979 ) but not patent # series and their dots were a nice light blue when brand new but have faded to a sort of light grey/white now 30 years later. I'm not a Sasaini "collector" but I understand this is not that uncommon. Here's some good overall info on them if you haven't read it.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Sasieni
Thank you for that link and info!