Neil Peart RIP

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumsAndBeer

Reaction score
A huge influence on me as a young drummer in the 70's and 80's. One of rock-n-roll's all time greats. RIP Mr. Peart.

His music will be missed. He was a member of one of my favorite bands. Some of my favorite songs from them are 2112, Working man and Tom Sawyer. He wrote a book about a trip he made coast to coast on motorcycle several years ago. I just may have to find that book and check it out.

eggman":01c9a2k5 said:
His music will be missed. He was a member of one of my favorite bands. Some of my favorite songs from them are 2112, Working man and Tom Sawyer. He wrote a book about a trip he made coast to coast on motorcycle several years ago. I just may have to find that book and check it out.
Yes, Neil had a particularly difficult life.  He lost a daughter (at age 19 I think) to an auto accident, then lost his wife less than a year later to cancer.  He coped by leaving the band for a bit and taking a motorcycle trip around the country.  He reportedly traveled over 50,000 miles on a BMW.

He didn't just ride "coast to coast."  He traveled from Canada to Alaska, then back down through the United States, Mexico and Belize.

I first read about his travels in a BMW club magazine.  I haven't read his book but look forward to doing so very soon.

One of the greatest of rock drummers, and a pretty darn good lyricist, despite his early Ayn Rand leanings. I know he had a rough go for a long time there. Just listened to all of their albums up through Exit Stage Left live.