Netherlands and Europe - Pipe Tobacco Purchases

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrSmoke

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I live in the Netherlands. The Customs has very specific and limiting regulations regarding shipment of pipe tobacco from outside the Netherlands to the Netherlands.

1. In Belgium or Germany (western side) stores that have a good selection of pipe tobacco
2. The US has a wealth of riches regarding pipe tobaccos but alas can't be shipped here. Of course, I stock up when I travel to NY
3. Other ideas? Suggestions? Offers?

I am mostly a Balkan and English blend smoker... MacBaren HH blends, Quiet Nights, Proper English and so on.

Many thanks,
Steve

I live in the Netherlands. The Customs has very specific and limiting regulations regarding shipment of pipe tobacco from outside the Netherlands to the Netherlands.

1. In Belgium or Germany (western side) stores that have a good selection of pipe tobacco
2. The US has a wealth of riches regarding pipe tobaccos but alas can't be shipped here. Of course, I stock up when I travel to NY

I am mostly a Balkan and English blend smoker... MacBaren HH blends, Quiet Nights, Proper English and so on.

Many thanks,
Steve
Can you guys have tobacco shipped from other European countries like England or Ireland? Blends like Petersons old Dunhill blends, SG, etc.

Can you guys have tobacco shipped from other European countries like England or Ireland? Blends like Petersons old Dunhill blends, SG, etc.
The cost of shipping from the UK is really high. Almost the price of a tin. Also with Brexit, not sure if we can anymore. Honestly, doesn't customs or governments have better things to do that hassle purchases for personal consumption? A simple personal consumption declaration would solve it. And huge fine if your caught selling it for profit, like 10.000 or 25.000 euros

Wow, and I thought things here were going downhill fast. Been to the Netherlands, beautiful country. Too bad your politicians are as screwed up as ours. Yea, they should find better things to worry about.

Try Synjeco, Switzerland, they have a lot of variety and Daniel (the owner) is very attentive.

Can ship from Switzerland, France or Germany.

I bought 3 plugs of 250gr from him a few days ago, St James Plug, FV Plug (FVF in plug) and Grousemoor Plug. All from SG

The shipping to Spain, we are talking about 750gr minimum weight is 24 euros.

I just had a 390 euro shipment from the US confiscated by the Dutch customs. Does anyone know the Dutch limits for have tobacco shipped for personal use from say Germany or Switzerland to the Netherlands. Estervals in Germany, Synjeco all say that risk of shipping, fines, fees are for the purchaser. Fine but what are the regulations. I have looked on both Dutch and English customs sites and still can't figure it out.

Try Synjeco, Switzerland, they have a lot of variety and Daniel (the owner) is very attentive.

Can ship from Switzerland, France or Germany.

I bought 3 plugs of 250gr from him a few days ago, St James Plug, FV Plug (FVF in plug) and Grousemoor Plug. All from SG

The shipping to Spain, we are talking about 750gr minimum weight is 24 euros.
I sent Daniel 2 emails and no reply...

sometimes he takes a while to respond, but he always does.

I'm sure he hasn't seen them, but he has always responded to me.

Umm, coming from Australia with it's vast distances, can you not drive to Germany, Belgium or Switzerland to purchase said tobaccos?

The distances seem miniscule to me, essentially a day trip with an overnight stay if required if sightseeing.

For instance we travelled 100 km tonight just for dinner.

Umm, coming from Australia with it's vast distances, can you not drive to Germany, Belgium or Switzerland to purchase said tobaccos?

The distances seem miniscule to me, essentially a day trip with an overnight stay if required if sightseeing.

For instance we travelled 100 km tonight just for dinner.
Timbo: I get that...Have planned trips to Dusseldorf and Antwerp. Nice though when you see a rarity that you can quickly pick online, self-explanatory!

I just had a 390 euro shipment from the US confiscated by the Dutch customs. Does anyone know the Dutch limits for have tobacco shipped for personal use from say Germany or Switzerland to the Netherlands. Estervals in Germany, Synjeco all say that risk of shipping, fines, fees are for the purchaser. Fine but what are the regulations. I have looked on both Dutch and English customs sites and still can't figure it out.
The Netherlands more keen on busting pipe tobacco than weed..;)

Many thanks,
Steve
The Netherlands seems more keen on busting pipe tobacco than weed..;)

Wow Dr. That sucks. If I had $400 worth of anything confiscated I would be mad as hell. Seems pretty heavy handed to me. Maybe you should join Sid Stavros from Greece and start a revolution. Will smoke a bowl in your honor for sympathy.

One is heavily taxed and the other not so much
Correct, weed get taxed through the coffee shops holders. Living in Sweden for many years buying my tobacco from Germany. Due to differences in taxation almost half the price compared to Sweden. Thanks to inside EU never had any customs problem. Sincerely do hope that remains!
One is heavily taxed and the other not so much