Never woulda thunk it...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
A friend sent me a mystery sample of tobacco he was enjoying for me to try.  I quite liked it and asked him to reveal so I might order some: Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend!  I immediately ordered a pound can (which I guess are 12 or 14oz. now) and have really enjoyed it.  Not sure I ever even tried it back in the day but it seems to suit these days.

So, on a whim, I ordered a can of Sir Walter Raleigh, and guess what?  I like it too!  The cut makes for easy packing - perfect for the stream.  I remember trying most all of the drug store blends years ago but I suppose I thought I was much too sophisticated for those plebian blends.  What goes around comes around...or...something.

I love most all of them. The only ones that don't do it for me are Half & Half and Granger.

SWR is a good reliable smoke glad you've given it a chance.

Jim

I still hit Carter Hall occasionally. I like it when I smoke it. And I'm mostly a Virginia guy!

I've got around 50-60 Jars of different blends, but still seem to stop at the gas station every few weeks for another pouch of Carter Hall.

I do like the codger blends occasionally. CH and PA are right up there, but for some reason EGR bites me like a rabid dog! Love the flavor though.

Cheers,

RR

CH is my go to “codger” blend. Revelation, edgeworth and half and half are good too. I never have really liked PA, SWR or captain black. I tried mixture 79 because I read that it was Hugh Hefner’s goto blend back in the day. But I just couldn’t make myself like that stuff.

Mixture 79 and Paladin's Black Cherry were neck and neck for the worst pipe tobacco I ever tried!! Yuck!!

As I have recently been bequeathed a goodly portion of EGR, I look forward to trying it for the first time!! :cheers: FTRPLT