New age Texan's and others

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like we're moving towards a free will vs. Determinism thread. Lol. Whether God's in control, or we as individuals are doesn't much matter. We're the ones experiencing it and have to decide what we're going to make of it.

I think it comes down to how much you're willing to let yourself suffer with external circumstances you have no control over. Living here in Mexico I'll run into at least ten things that could royally piss me off before lunch every day. Be it rude people in line at the cafe, selfish drivers, incompetent and aggressive colleagues, or simply bad traffic, there is no lack of plain annoying shit. Yes, people are rude and that's frustrating.  I'm rude sometimes, too, and that pisses me off even more when I realize it. However, only I can decide how much of that frustration I'm going to carry as a result of it. The longer I think of that asshole colleague, the longer my day is darkened by that thinking. I strive to let go of as much as I can so I can be at ease. There isn't any prize for being right, after all. Not in day-to-day life, anyway. It reminds me of the old Shakespeare quote that there is no good or bad, only thinking makes it so". I think he nailed it.

MisterE":6lzjfet2 said:
It looks like we're moving towards a free will vs. Determinism thread. Lol. Whether God's in control, or we as individuals are doesn't much matter. We're the ones experiencing it and have to decide what we're going to make of it.

I think it comes down to how much you're willing to let yourself suffer with external circumstances you have no control over. Living here in Mexico I'll run into at least ten things that could royally piss me off before lunch every day. Be it rude people in line at the cafe, selfish drivers, incompetent and aggressive colleagues, or simply bad traffic, there is no lack of plain annoying shit. Yes, people are rude and that's frustrating.  I'm rude sometimes, too, and that pisses me off even more when I realize it. However, only I can decide how much of that frustration I'm going to carry as a result of it. The longer I think of that asshole colleague, the longer my day is darkened by that thinking. I strive to let go of as much as I can so I can be at ease. There isn't any prize for being right, after all. Not in day-to-day life, anyway. It reminds me of the old Shakespeare quote that there is no good or bad, only thinking makes it so". I think he nailed it.
Your probably right sir, I hold on to things too much. Keeping myself away from people as much as I possibly can probably has a lot to do with it too, not being in the midst of the mess shall I say most of the time I'm not use to dealing with it much anymore. But, I have all of you to release my frustrations too ever so often making this ticking time bomb defuse for awhile till next time.

Ugh......................

I just HAD to see this thread, didn't I?

Sitting now almost in the middle of the leftovers of Bill(Storm), out in the middle of a National forest, I get this. I have watched this thread grow. My thoughts, for your consideration...

God, according to the Bible, creates, gives Mankind choice, Mankind Fracks up. One simple denial, and had to push. Welcome to Ego....

We choose to act, or not, or react. The observation by Ron is by and large correct, in the last few decades there has been a decline of etiquette. Ethics. Grace. An acceptance of deception. An acquiescence by Humanity at large. Those of us in a Western Culture lean heavily on the inference that we are all, as living beings, entitled to privileges equally.

This is simply not so. But, this is what we are taught.

Competition for survival has always been a prime motivator if by nothing else than Nature Herself. You can apply all the layers you want of "Civilization" on anything or anyone, HOWEVER, the true nature of the beast will inevitably surface to any occasion when it feels the needs to arrive...

I have noticed, by watching people, who they tend to be in Kindergarden holds true to who they are in the Retirement Home. There are gentle Souls and there are bullies, there are teachers and students, there are leaders and there are followers..........

Ron, don't take it personally that a lot of folks these days are spoiled rotten brats. It took generations of conditioning to get them to this point. Honestly, they are doing the best they can with the materials God, their parents, and environment gave them.........................

Or, I am full of Schnitzel and never mind...........

Ozark Wizard":mx2y4bfe said:
Ugh......................

I just HAD to see this thread, didn't I?

Sitting now almost in the middle of the leftovers of Bill(Storm), out in the middle of a National forest, I get this. I have watched this thread grow. My thoughts, for your consideration...

God, according to the Bible, creates, gives Mankind choice, Mankind Fracks up. One simple denial, and had to push. Welcome to Ego....

We choose to act, or not, or react. The observation by Ron is by and large correct, in the last few decades there has been a decline of etiquette. Ethics. Grace. An acceptance of deception. An acquiescence by Humanity at large. Those of us in a Western Culture lean heavily on the inference that we are all, as living beings, entitled to privileges equally.

This is simply not so. But, this is what we are taught.

Competition for survival has always been a prime motivator if by nothing else than Nature Herself. You can apply all the layers you want of "Civilization" on anything or anyone, HOWEVER, the true nature of the beast will inevitably surface to any occasion when it feels the needs to arrive...

I have noticed, by watching people, who they tend to be in Kindergarden holds true to who they are in the Retirement Home. There are gentle Souls and there are bullies, there are teachers and students, there are leaders and there are followers..........

Ron, don't take it personally that a lot of folks these days are spoiled rotten brats. It took generations of conditioning to get them to this point. Honestly, they are doing the best they can with the materials God, their parents, and environment gave them.........................

Or, I am full of Schnitzel and never mind...........      
No, I believe your right sir except for one small thing. We're Humans, not animals and should not act like one. We're also the only thing god created with a soul. May he have mercy on all who act like animals cause I may not.
No, I understand what your saying and that will take us in to parenthood and that can be a very touchy subject nowadays if ya know what I mean, so I'll leave that one alone. Besides I think everyone here knows how I feel about that, spare the rod spoil the child sort a thing.

Hey Ron. I hear you completely in your concerns. I've decided to be as pleasant, compassionate, and helpful as I can be with the days I have left. Life's too short to worry about all the pricks roaming around out there. I've been pleasantly surprised how many people you meet and share a wonderful short experience together when you treat them with respect and good will. How anyone else responds is completely out of my hands. I know I've tried to be a better human being and that's about the best I can do. Don't give up hope Ron. You will find exceptions to your thoughts in the most remarkable and unlikely places. Sending you good thoughts my friend. - Tom

My mother's doctor has a bumper sticker posted in the office that says "... the more I complain, the longer God lets me live " :twisted: :twisted: Ron, you're gonna outlive us all :cheers: :cheers:

monbla256":9spyp81y said:
My mother's doctor has a bumper sticker posted in the office that says "... the more I complain, the longer God lets me live " :twisted: :twisted:  Ron, you're gonna outlive us all :cheers: :cheers:
That use to be my Motto, "God hates so he's gona make me live!"

My daughter is spending the week in Dallas and is delighted with how nice everyone is. I sure am happy she is experiencing some good old Southern hospitality.

Cartaphilus":fshbd7cx said:
What the hell has happened to people nowadays? They all run around with there heads shoved up the rears with one thing in mind "ME".
Well, let's see...

Government is based on voting for what you want, not what is right.

Shopping is based on your whims at this moment.

500 channels of cable and internet for whatever interests you.

The me-focus is inherent to our society at this point.

deathmetal":o5776ag2 said:
Cartaphilus":o5776ag2 said:
What the hell has happened to people nowadays? They all run around with there heads shoved up the rears with one thing in mind "ME".
Well, let's see...

Government is based on voting for what you want, not what is right.

Shopping is based on your whims at this moment.

500 channels of cable and internet for whatever interests you.

The me-focus is inherent to our society at this point.
No excuse! Yes we have to look out for number one, specially nowadays cause no ones going to do it for ya. But to blatantly disregard the rights and feelings of others just to benefit your own whims is not only self-centered it's selfish beyond all rights. Real tired of this "get out'a my way because I'm important" mentality. Nobody but NOBODY is more important then another, nor what ever they have or wish to do is.

And if we all went back to wearing side arms I guarantee you'd see a big change in attitudes.;)

But to blatantly disregard the rights and feelings of others just to benefit your own whims is not only self-centered it's selfish beyond all rights.
But then, you have a higher ideal than the individual, and even self preservation exists for that.