New albums in the works

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you're almost done Rande! Must be really satisfying to pull something this big together and something that you've created. Well done matey!

Regarding your waking up with tunes in your head.....

It has been said that is how most of Mozart's pieces came to him. You are most definitely in tune with the Muse! And, it seems, in good company!

Just learned that this project will ship sooner than expected. So I'll have something up pretty soon for those who are interested.

As they say..........watch this space!!

;)

Cheers,

RR

Stick":e2u5st71 said:
Looks like you're almost done Rande!  Must be really satisfying to pull something this big together and something that you've created. Well done matey!
Aye me ol' mukker, yer right an' all! Ta very much for the support.

Ozark Wizard":e2u5st71 said:
Regarding your waking up with tunes in your head.....

It has been said that is how most of Mozart's pieces came to him. You are most definitely in tune with the Muse! And, it seems, in good company!
Ozzie, I can't claim any competence here. Stuff happens, I respond, and go from there. And if and when it works I'm grateful to the powers that be.

Cheers,

RR

Yah, well, Rande, anyone who knew Wolfie knew he was a bit skewed... :twisted: Still, a madman rockstar of his time! Listen to your Muse!

Well done Rande! You'll be up there with the Beatles soon with your album sales!

Stick":stfcchqd said:
Well done Rande!  You'll be up there with the Beatles soon with your album sales!
Ta very much for the kind words mate, but none of my albums are for sale. I produce them primarily for my own amusement, and to share with others.

And of course you will be on the short list for receiving one.

:D

Cheers,

RR

Not being one to let grass grow under my feet, I'm hot on the trail of doing a major re-mix of one of my previous projects that never was officially released.

Just came from a way great session where I previewed 5 of 15 tunes. They were not recorded at my present studio, so my engineer had to come to grips with the way they were recorded at my previous studio and figure everything out from there. But he has it well in hand. Very encouraging!

This is one of two former projects that I want to re-mix. So new adventures await!

Cheers,

RR

And the hits just keep on coming-

I'm progressing very nicely on the re-mix of a project from about 10 yrs ago that was never officially released due to technical issues. These issues had everything to do with the studio I was working out of at that time, which is why I abandoned it after this was completed and the final mixes had too many awkward moments.

Happy to report that my current studio and engineer have these issues well in hand, and we now have 8 of the 15 tunes successfully re-mixed to my satisfaction! I needed to re-cut some tracks on this, and no doubt also will on the remaining selections. But that's no burden and can only serve to make it what it was intended to be in the first place.

Plus my engineer has added some tracks of his own creation that bring fresh ideas to the table. He's a very talented musician in his own right as well as being a more than competent engineer. And, he's dialed into my music and style. We work well together.

All to say, I hope to have this old project resurrected and available for distribution in a few months. And of course that's a very optimistic prediction, as always!  ;)

Cheers,

RR

Good day today. Wrote some new material after being in a "dry" period for a few months. Electric stuff, as I've primarily been the acoustic mind-set for a while now and the pendulum seems to be swinging back again.

A couple new surf tunes this weekend. I've had it in the back of my mind to do another surf album, as I really liked how the previous one turned out. Plus some solo stuff for other electric tunes that remain unfinished.

All in all, a very productive weekend!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

Update-

2 more mixes were previewed today on this re-mix project.

Very impressed with what was performed. My engineer has it well in hand, and basically had to disassemble the tracks and then put them back together in order to get all the instruments to play nice together. Before that it was, well, disjointed and awkward.

Plus, he engineered some transitional percussion sprinkles that serve to enhance certain passages. Nothing too obvious, and one would likely gloss over these if not listening closely. Call it je ne sais quoi which goes unnoticed yet contributes so superbly.

All to say that one of the tunes had me choking up. Yea, it's that good!

Great to see these old tunes come into the vision and fruition I had for them originally 10 yrs ago!

Only 4 selections to go now!

:bball:

Cheers,

RR

Happy to report the end is now in sight for the re-mix of the project I recorded about 10 yrs ago.

My engineer just told me he is about halfway through the finale selection, which runs about 8:45. It's a very complex tune so he has his work cut out for him. But it'll be worth it in the end!

Still writing new material too. Now rounding in on the final arrangement of a solo acoustic number. Plus there have been a few more electric tunes recently that are under consideration for a future project.

Always good to be in the creative mode. If I'm not writing I'm stagnating.

Cheers,

RR

Had a way great session yesterday. Listened and approved the last 4 mixes for the latest project, which is a re-mix of my unreleased album which was initially recorded ~10 yrs ago.

I'm really jazzed about the way this all has taken shape, and I now feel that these 15 tunes have finally taken shape the way I originally intended. The prior studio I was working out of wasn't able to deal with some of the technical aspects properly, plus there were other issues that prevented me from releasing it prior to this.

There's some great material on here, and now it's finally come to fruition. And it's all down to the studio I'm working out of now and the dedication and talent of my engineer. In many cases he basically had to de-construct the selections and re-assemble them. Lots of time and attention to detail went into this, and it shows.

So now it's off to mastering, and hopefully the mastering engineer can make some time on his busy schedule to get this turned around in a week or so. Then it's off for duplication. So with any luck I'll have it ready for distribution by the end of May.

And like before, I'll make hard copies available gratis to anyone who would like one as well as put it on my website for free downloads.

Cheers,

RR

So, the goal line is in sight on the re-mix project. It's now in mastering, and I just approved the graphic proofs. Should have the mastering proofs to approve in the next day or so. After that, it's off to duplication.

All to say that it might be a few weeks to having product in hand. And this is very exciting to me, as this project basically sat on the shelf for about 10 years due to technical issues. And now, finally, they have been dealt with properly. I'm pretty jazzed about this, which is long overdue. Good stuff on here, if I do say so myself!

Beyond that, I have a mini-project of 3 acoustic tunes that I'll also be putting out soon. So as they say - watch this space!

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR