new and have ? re: end date to buy new tobacco's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemlocktree

Reaction score
i am new here and i had read last year about some cutoff date that the newer blends of tobaccos cannot be sold or if they are that will cost manufacturers much dollars to be able to. anyway - i only smoke 1 blend and i know it was on the list so i am wondering how much time i have left to purchase some more before it is no longer available. my searches came up with sketchy info.

I am old so i probably do not need to buy an incredible amount - but just enough for a few bowls here and there as needed.

Last I heard, I believe the "new" date was somewhere in 2021, but don't quote me.

The whole shooting match was really big tobacco stopping vaping from stealing their market, but since vaping hasn't gone as perceived, I wouldn't be surprised if the legislation died in the annals of history.

Thanks - i just saw somewhere 2022 - which would be much better. still a lot of people do not really seem to know.

hemlocktree":nu4ipeaa said:
Thanks - i just saw somewhere 2022 - which would be much better.  still a lot of people do not really seem to know.
It got pushed back to August of 2022 because they're still trying to resolve all the issues with definitions and how they're going to regulate things. As far as the legislation going away - there is no legislation to go away. There's only regulations written by the FDA. The legislation that gave the FDA jurisdiction over tobacco products (which they say includes pipes) is signed, sealed and delivered. Now we just have to leave the rest in the hands of the rocket scientists at the FDA who routinely approve new drugs without thorough testing resulting in illness, lawsuits, and death.

Russ