New (big) Sav and some cobs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelyJ

Reaction score
Gave in to temptation the other and bought this Savinelli 510 EX Cocktail. Wanted a large bowl pipe to devote some English and Balkan blends to, and this thing is a beast! Also picked up a couple MM cobs: the little devil cutty and a mark twain. Some tobacco (H&H White Knight, War Horse Plug, C&D Old Joe Krantz and C&D Big ‘N’ Burley. Cheers!

53F58760-D85A-4D56-8EE6-2544E5EB1D18.jpeg
7064EE75-5735-480C-9903-C9A403E02160.jpeg

Pipe smokes great - definitely takes a while to finish a bowl! First time trying White Knight - and I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. I had a cold for most of the week and I still have a little bit of stuffiness so my palate isn’t all back yet - so I’m sure I’m missing out on some nuances and will definitely re-evaluate.

I don’t smoke that often (usually a few pipes a week, at most it’s usually one a day and very rarely more than one a day) so I think I tend to prefer heartier blends, so to me this seemed a bit lighter than I’m used to. Still enjoyed the smoke quite a bit - although it was freezing out.