New C&D blends from HP Lovecraft?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fight'n Hampsters

Reaction score
I like to check on smokingpipes every now and again by checking "recently added" in the tobacco tab. I saw some there that I have not heard of before that make reference to Lovecraft stories and seem to make use of various orientals. For this alone they sound interesting.

Anyone know more about them?

https://www.smokingpipes.com/otherarrivals.cfm?pipe-tobaccos

Awkward Elder, Dreams of Kadath, Innsmouth, Miskatonic Mixture and Mad Fiddler Flake.

Fight'n Hampsters":wm0flwlh said:
I like to check on smokingpipes every now and again by checking "recently added" in the tobacco tab.  I saw some there that I have not heard of before that make reference to Lovecraft stories and seem to make use of various orientals.  For this alone they sound interesting.

Awkward Elder, Dreams of Kadath, Innsmouth, Miskatonic Mixture and Mad Fiddler Flake.
Interesting from a marketing perspective. They do sound interesting, both in ingredients and the Lovecraft reference.  I believe that the one is called Awakened Elder, though, not Awkward Elder. The latter, if memory serves, is made by another company, one that makes the famous Drooling Dotard blend. ;)

Richard Burley":1yghd69l said:
Fight'n Hampsters":1yghd69l said:
I like to check on smokingpipes every now and again by checking "recently added" in the tobacco tab.  I saw some there that I have not heard of before that make reference to Lovecraft stories and seem to make use of various orientals.  For this alone they sound interesting.

Interesting from a marketing perspective. They do sound interesting, both in ingredients and the Lovecraft reference.  I believe that the one is called Awakened Elder, though, not Awkward Elder. The latter, if memory serves, is made by another company, one that makes the famous Drooling Dotard blend. ;)
HA! Bad spelling strikes again... :lol!:

I also spied these and am very much looking forward to giving them a go—while Pease has his various one-off blends with fantasy inspirations this is the first time I’ve seen any blend reference Lovecraft. That they’re somewhat esoteric references with appropriate pulpy tin descriptions instead of generic “Cthulhu Mixture” or something warms my eldritch cockles (guessing Reeves is an HPL fan)...and yeah, ingredient-wise they sound tasty, too, so I’ll definitely be trying them next time I place an order.

They don’t seem to be a limited run, do they? Have been waiting to place an SP order for ages until they get some ABF in, but who knows when that will happen and my FOMO is already itching!

GrampaGrossbart":m7w0b56v said:
I also spied these and am very much looking forward to giving them a go—while Pease has his various one-off blends with fantasy inspirations this is the first time I’ve seen any blend reference Lovecraft. That they’re somewhat esoteric references with appropriate pulpy tin descriptions instead of generic “Cthulhu Mixture” or something warms my eldritch cockles (guessing Reeves is an HPL fan)...and yeah, ingredient-wise they sound tasty, too, so I’ll definitely be trying them next time I place an order.

They don’t seem to be a limited run, do they? Have been waiting to place an SP order for ages until they get some ABF in, but who knows when that will happen and my FOMO is already itching!
Unfortunately every new blend is a limited run with the fda refs coming up next year. :(

Ordered a tin of the Awakened Elder today. Will post back when I get a chance to try it.

Fight n Hampsters":6nhxi21b said:
Unfortunately every new blend is a limited run with the fda refs coming up next year
I agree, what's the sense of really enjoying a newly released blend if they will be gone forever in less then a year.
A monthly only special release was recently gifted to me called Candy Corn. It's a smooth enjoyable smoke but will be gone soon, so why stock up on yet another blend.....ain't happening.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Dreams of Kadath -- originally listed as a crumble cake, while not super-compressed, this is really a plug.  Only had two bowls, so still figuring this one out. The Orientals & Kentucky build a nice structure over the VAs and other tobaccos.  It's supposed to be unflavored, but it tastes, and even more smells, like it has some black raspberry liquor or some similar topping.  Not a lot, but noticeable.  Medium N.  Pleasant.

I've been interested to try them, but lately my funds have been goin elsewhere. I'm sure I'll get to them in time, along with the Appalachian themed blends. Certainly sounds good, I'm a sucker for Virginia, Perique and Oriental containing blends.

Haha, "Awkward Elder" might be what some are calling "Stonehenge Flake". Just to be clear, I like Stonehenge, and Lakeland blends in general, some of the more heavily scented blends included, but I had to laugh when I heard someone refer to this long sought after much coveted blend as 'a fine Virginia Perique flake with light essence of nursing home.'

Adam