New Canadian PipeSmoker reporting for duty gentlemen!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyTweed

Reaction score
Hello all of my fine pipe smoking gentlemen and ladies,

I am relatively new to pipe smoking, only dabbling in it for a couple of years now and am finally ready to get serious about it.

I am a Funeral director/embalmer/mortician/undertaker and was first drawn into the world of pipe smoking from being around my grandfather in his old saddlery shop. (Saddles, bridals, belts etc.)

Later in life i realised my affection for the lord of the rings and the hobbit as well as C.S. Lewis' works and naturally was influenced by those gentlemen of towering intellect for the written word.

So I am here to add my two cents to the boards and gain some insight on my new passion from more experienced smokers and maybe to teach them a thing or to while i'm at it!

So until we talk later i'd just like to say hello everyone.

Welcome there Smokey Tweed,

Always great to have a follow Canuk, especially a funeral director and from Alberta :lol:

:D Paul

Welcome, ST!

My grandmother and her family were funeral directors, too, going back to when the undertaker was also the furniture-craftsman for the town.