New Cigar club in Chicago burbs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1037

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Was just driving through downtown Downers Grove yesterday and saw a new Cigar club and shop called "The Place." I have yet to check it out in person, but I will report back. Their webpage points out their lounge and private lockers. No info on how they look upon pipes, nor what dues are. I should be able to take one for the team and figure it out in the next couple of weeks.

It's good to see new blood in this business when so many place are shutting down on the regular.

Ah - only 30 mins from West Chicago - good to know for my next visit.
Look forward to hearing what it is like.

In similar news..........

Stolen from the CPCC Newsletter":cqqc4nla said:
The May meeting of the CPCC will take place at The Cigar Lounge at 1710 E. Woodfield Dr. in Schaumberg, IL. This shop has recently been acquired by the owner of 8 to 8 Cigar. It is located on the fringe of Woodfield Mall somewhat adjacent to a Jared jewelry store. The meeting will take place on the outdoor patio of the shop as it is expected that the weather in May should be conducive to outdoor smoking. It is suggested that those not familiar with the area go to one of the many mapping websites for specific info on the shop's location. It was suggested that the Club print up business cards to distribute to potential members by various club members. This will be looked into.

Some Club members have recently started to meet at the Arlington Smoke Shop located at 546 W. Northwest Highway in Arlington Heights, IL. 60004. Meetings are on Friday evening one night a month and are purely social with no Club business being done. Anyone interested is urged to contact Chris, the owner, at [email protected] for details on meeting dates and times. These gettogethers do not supersede regular Club meetings which are always at an 8 to 8 Cigar shop location, mostly in Villa Park, IL. No fees are collected at the Arlington meetings and no awards or prizes handed out. It just social.
Thanks to Paul Bender who is currently keeping us up to date of CPCC news via an email blast. I normally try to not snip things verbatim. Re-write so it's more in my words usually. But I thought this was kind of a good place to plug the club, and these are all similar places to stop in and check them out. If I had not been sick for a week, I might have put forth a better effort. :sunny:

Pipes are usually pretty much nonexistent in cigar lounges but as long as you spend enough money on drinks and or cigars to make your seat time pay I suspect a pipe smoke might be welcome but I wouldn't count on it. I've been a guest at the Monticristo Cigar Lounge that is owned by the family who hosts the Club at 8to8. It's a great spot but again it's a cigar lounge but I am happy to smoke cigars.:shock: