New corn cob pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a new honey pot corn cob pipe from MM, am yet to smoke it but if it is like any of my other corn cobs, it'll do the job very well.

The tobacconist said it was a limited edition, but that just may be that he's having trouble getting stock in to Australia.

C2D0F555-579B-4202-B331-C08D2671B67D.jpeg
D6913A2F-11C5-49F8-A018-1C28C68979D7.jpeg

Shame, I can't seem to find it on their website. Hopefully there are some still floating around in the market. If you can't find one in the US, here's where I ordered mine. Limited Edition Honeypot Corncob – Tobacco Blends No photos as that is not allowed by law in Australia for any tobacco products sold online.

FYI, it didn't come through in my crappy low light photos, but the stem is an interesting sparkly purple.

Last edited:
I haven't posted for a while but this thread caught my eye. I bought 2 of the Honey Pot cobs, partly because I was a beekeeper, I gave it up a few years ago. The price of cobs has gone up like everything else but keep in mind the the pipes over $15 have acrylic Forever stem that sell for $18 the last time I checked and the Missouri Prides, Legends and Washingtons are all still under $10 in all their variations.

BTW Hi everybody!

We were without layers this fall and bought store eggs for the first time in a decade. They are a poor approximation of what you can produce in a small home flock with little work. We've been selling the extras for $5.00 a dozen for the last three years to happy customers who can't wait for our new flock to start producing!

We were without layers this fall and bought store eggs for the first time in a decade. They are a poor approximation of what you can produce in a small home flock with little work. We've been selling the extras for $5.00 a dozen for the last three years to happy customers who can't wait for our new flock to start producing!

Quick question on chickens being layers, how do you know which ones are doing so? We've 9 chooks but only get a regular 3 eggs per day from them.

For instance if I wanted to take their output to 8 eggs a day, what would be your suggestions?

Also 100% agree with you store bought are just meh compared to homemade eggs.

I judge by the flock. When they molt I don't expect any more than 10% of the girls to lay, during the height of laying season I expect 65% to lay or two eggs per hen every three days. I also keep a rooster with my flock to protect the hens, lead them to food, and, keep them fertile. That said the number and size of the eggs are determined by the breed and age. If I had your flock and it was warm and light long enough during the day to keep them producing I'd hatch out or order a new flock and change their name to soup!

I judge by the flock. When they molt I don't expect any more than 10% of the girls to lay, during the height of laying season I expect 65% to lay or two eggs per hen every three days. I also keep a rooster with my flock to protect the hens, lead them to food, and, keep them fertile. That said the number and size of the eggs are determined by the breed and age. If I had your flock and it was warm and light long enough during the day to keep them producing I'd hatch out or order a new flock and change their name to soup!
Thanks for the comments, Yeah their a mixed age flock of all sorts of chooks from bantams through to one huge speckled old girl so that would definately have something to do with it. No rooster as we're in a residential area and they're not allowed.

The head chook seems to take on the rooster role, attacking threats and digging up grubs etc.

Yes, but paid $6.50 for a dozen eggs yesterday at Walmart. That is freakin ridiculous when 18 months ago they were $1.89.

And 6.50 U$D is normal for what I'd pay for a dozen free range eggs here in Aus as of a month or two ago, which was $9.70 or so. They have since gone up but I can't remember the price increase I think it was 2 bucks.

The $2.00 eggs of the past now $5.00 are produced in warehouses filled with cages 4 to 6 high with three conveyor belts to deliver feed to the hens, eggs to be packaged and remove droppings. It's highly unlikely that those operations have lost massive quantities of layers to bird flu. Non-gmo feed has gone from $21.00 to $25.00 per 50 pound bag so cost of feed is not the issue. Profiteering?